Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XP 10

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok these are no longer in production but use to be featured on this website.
I may have the opportunity of purchasing a couple of these units for little more than the cost of a second hand DMC2 $300US.
Is this a good deal these units are as new, want to use them in XP with VDJ 6.02 How to they compare with modern controllers?
Any help or recommendations be great.

geposted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:24 am
Also if I Use two XP10's as soundcards (as specs seem good) can I use the DMC2 as the controller?
Just like having two keyboards or mousses connected to your computer.

geposted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 5:56 pm

There are a few at VDJ Radio that swear to them still and love them...

And they are compared to Vestax VCI as well as Pioneer decks as far as platters go..

They are old yes, and I've not tested them...

Personally I have Vestax VCI-300 that I can warmly recommend, that has touchsensitive jogs as the XP10s

geposted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 6:13 pm
So can you use two of these as high quality USB sound cards and plug in the DMC2 as well to control VDJ or would they conflict?

geposted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 1:15 am
IMHO it doesn't sound like a good deal - especially because you already have the DMC2 controller.

- 300$ is quite a lot for two second hand XP10's
- They are somewhat impractical as sound cards - you'll have to sacrifice 2 USB-ports
- Controller functions are useless to you, since you already have DMC2
- XP 10's sound cards are good, but not THAT good considering what you can get with 300$

If I were you, I'd spend that 300$ on some quality USB sound card, like Fast Track PRO. Actually, in US with that money I think you could even get a good Firewire sound card like Edirol FA-66. I'm using FA-66 and DMC2 myself too, works great.

geposted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 2:44 am
You can buy two new XP5's for 240 Euros (Approx. $370) direct from the shop of the manufacturer EKS

And yes, you can use multiple controllers at the same time.

As you mention the DMC-2, which is a rackmount controller, you might be better off with a Denon DN-HC4500 - This is also rackmount, has built-in sound card and touchsensitive jogwheels.

geposted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 12:22 pm
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
XP10's platters have way better feel and are far more superior to the XP5's. XP5's feel really cheap... I have both. I still prefer my XP10's / Faderfox combo over VCI, etc. units. I've tried loads of gear and I'm sticking with what I've got. My 2 cents ;o)

geposted Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 9:26 am
Thanks dJdAb whats the sound quality like, I here its pretty good from the specs, but some users report its noisy which sounds strange given the 105db S/N ratio.
I like the mode you did using vinyl CDs on a metal plate, if I get a pair , be interested in getting the details of this from you.

geposted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 2:38 am
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I actuall don't use the internal soundcards. I use the NI Audio 8. I really just like the build of the XP10 way more then the XP5's. Hope this helps. I should add that the my XP10's are mounted in a case, so they feel way more solid that way too ;o)

geposted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 2:39 pm
I can get a couple for the same price or cheaper than a couple of M-audio 2496 audio cards with I would use the spdif outs into my Numark Pdd9000.
But the specs of the xp10 esp low end are better than thw delta 2496's so was looking at using them as primary sound cards.
Do you think that be a good way to go as you own a couple? Also great controllers!

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)