Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Downgrading Denon HC4500

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I use a Denon HC4500 midi controller with VDJ 6.0.1
I've just updated the firmware to Ver1006 to use on my test Windows 7 installation and everything works fine, but when I boot my Vista install which I use at gigs at the min the Denon isn't seen by VDJ now, is there a way to go back to system VER1005? I have the VER1005 bin file but the Denon update program won't let me use it

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:39 pm
Try upgrading VirtualDJ on the Vista machine to v6.0.3 - A minimum of v6.0.2 is normally required for firmware v1006 to work with VirtualDJ v6 on PC.

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:48 pm
Doesn't upgrading lose the custom map?

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:48 pm
Also, does VDJ 6.0.3 support the new ASIO driver from Denon? I tried that when it first came out too but it didn't work so rolled back to the previous driver

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:52 pm
If you have made a custom VDJscript mapping, simply make a backup copy of it by browsing to My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers - You can then copy it back again afterwards if necessary (You should back this up as a matter of course, along with your VDJ database, music collection, etc.)

If you are still using v5.2.1 with the DLL mapper, then that is not supported in v6 - DLL mappers are obsolete and replaced with VDJscript. Your only option in that case would be to contact Denon to see if the controller can be downgraded.

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:55 pm
I'm using VDJ 6.0.1. I have Vista installed as defalt on my laptop, but have installed Windows7 on a seperate partition for testing before i upgrade my Vista install. I posted a thread on the general forum about this because I copied the Denon HC4500 mapping.xml file to the windows 7 install but not all the mapping was copied over, there were some functions which i had removed which were working again. Is this the only file I need to copy and Back-up? I back-up my database file weekly anyway.
If that's all I need to copy I will update this install to the 6.0.3 version

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 1:03 pm
Please see the answer in the other thread (It would have been better to put this in hardware technical support)

Also, the names of some of the mappings may have changed since v6.0.3, which would explain why your some of your custom mappings are ignored. Please compare your map to the current v6.0.3 default one and modify it as appropriate.

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 1:11 pm
Custom Mappings are not over-written when you upgrade ... custom mappings are retained.

If you use the latest firmware for the Denon 4500 then you have to use v6.0.2 or newer (v6.0.3 currently)

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 2:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)