Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question about Hercules Steel + Terratec DMX 6 Fire USB

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey guys,

I am just wondering if anybody has any experience with a setup consisting of the Hercules Steel and a Terratec DMX 6 Fire USB soundcard.
I've already got the Terratec soundcard, and waiting for the Snow Leopard drivers, but when they arrive I want to buy my self a MIDI-controller, but I am unsure if to get the hercules rmx, steel or maybe even the MP3 e2?

Do you guys think my soundcard will be good enough to use with the steel or MP3 e2?
If so, what controller should I get? The Steel or the MP3 e2?

=)

geposted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 8:59 am
Hello Illminati,

Regarding the 3 options you have listed:

1) DJ Console Rmx: this DJ control surface has a built-in audio interface, so
- if you already have a Terratec DMX 6 Fire USB sound card, I don't see the interest of buying again an audio interface,
- except for mobile use, or if you don't want to wait for Snow Leopard drivers for Terratec DMX 6 Fire USB (DJ Console Rmx works in Snow Leopard).
You must be aware that, when you get DJ Console Rmx with VirtualDJ 5 DJC (version bundled with DJ Console Rmx), the only possible audio card is DJ Console Rmx built in sound card, so you cannot play audio in VDJ 5 DJC on your DXM 6 Fire USB, except if you upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro, which cost another USD 149.

2) DJ Control Steel: it is nearly as a DJ Console Rmx without audio
but with a few additional functions, as
- 6 additionnal effect/loop buttons thanks to 2 shift buttons
- 2 additionnal rotary encoders to set the effects
- more backlights in the transport buttons
=> With a DMX 6 Fire USB audio interface, the controller I would recommend would be the DJ Control Steel, as it is a large and solid controller whose design matches VirtualDJ philosophy.

=> While VirtualDJ 5 DJC included with DJ Control Steel plays the audio on DMX 6 Fire USB, you must be aware that VirtualDJ 5 DJC version bundled with DJ Control Steel will not let you apply VirtualDJ equalisation on external sources: you would need VirtualDJ Pro for this function.

3) DJ Control MP3 e2: is a ultra compact DJ controller with no audio
The 2 possible reasons to buy a DJ Control MP3 e2 instead of DJ Control Steel are:
- low price: DJ Control MP3 e2 cost half of the price of DJ Control Steel,
- ultra compact: DJ Control MP3 is roughtly half smaller and half lighter than DJ Control Steel,
so,
=> DJ Control MP3 e2 is made for you if you look for the most mobile or the cheapest solution.

geposted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 11:48 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The DMX looks like a fine card. I would not expect any issues.

As for choosing between the Steel and the MP3 e2, it really depends on your needs and budget.

The MP3 e2 is the entry level model, is less expensive and small. If you do occasional small parties and don't want to carry a lot, it would be perfect.

The Steel is more of a Pro model, more expensive and bigger ( and heavy!).

geposted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 11:54 am
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think I am going for the Steel, I am going to wait to order it till I've tested the driver for the DMX on Snow Leopard so I know it works =)

Does it work with Traktor Pro? Or would you guys recomend VDJ Pro? I've already got Traktor Pro you see.

geposted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 5:24 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Well , if you already have Traktor, might as well use it , but obviously, people on this forum are going to recommend Virtual DJ ...

geposted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 6:30 am
Yhea, I think I am going to test it out though, to get my own opinion. It might work as well, or maybe better for my use. I like to play with effects in my sets, so that is a really import part in a decision to get VDJ Pro.

But I will check it out :)

I will go for the steel, looks like it is more solid then the MP3 e2 and have more features, as mentioned in a previous post. Size is no problem since I am a big guy ;) Build quality is much more important. And the steel looks like the best option when I cant afford the VCI-100/300.

geposted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 12:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)