Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: should i split my drives ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
what he means in this video when he saying that keeping the music files in c drive can cause a problem when working with VDJ is he
right ? can i get an explain and what does recommended. thank you. the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdrAqV5rPQ
its in the 8:00 minute.

geposted Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 12:48 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Ideally, you should use multiple hard drives when working with audio and video applications; one affected to the operating system and software, while other(s) used for the files being played and storage/backup.

There are a couple of reason for it:

- Your main drive is already busy with the operation system (Windows or OS X) and your DJ application, which means a lot of transfers back and forth. If your music is also stored on the same drive, it will be an added load of transfer, which can cause problems like skips in the songs and slowing down the computer operations.

- If you change (add and /or remove) your music files often, it will mean more fragmentation of your HD, which is not a good things for the operations system.

- The other, probably most important reason, is that if your HD fails or your operation system gets corrupted and need to be formated and reinstalled, then you loose all your music.

Creating multiple partitions on the same hard drive is the next suitable solutions, which can provide similar results, preferably with fast drives (7200 rpm)

geposted Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 7:03 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
so we can say that its better to work with more then one drive lets say c: and d: then working with only one drive ?
lets say keep the music files in d: drive, i am asking beacuse i want to fomat my laptop that have only one drive and i want to be sure...
and if there is any other good tips before format i will be happy to hear.

geposted Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 3:25 pm
yes dj SWID, it is ideal to etwo drives mainly to format your operating system drive whenever there's a problem or infection, whiles keeping your videos / music safe on the second drive.Apart from this advantage (which is essential) i don't see how you can have problems operating on just one drive. when partitioning, remember to allocate more size to the drive you intend to have your music / videos on. Depending on the size of your total drive, windows will require about 20gb, and you have to reserve about 30gb for the installation of your other softwares. thus, u need to reserve about 50gb for your operating drive.

geposted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 8:02 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)