Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Another slow load after 3 and a half hours

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have posted previosly about this problem and have taken all advice into hand and still same problem in the same timeframe of 3.5 to 4 hours.

Tried running a Task Killer, changed externals, ran videos on internal, ran a CPU cooler, have set to MAX LOAD and even did some praying!

Still after 3.5 hours I got the slow load problem again, have had this problem the last 5 weeks and have only had one weekend were I actually made it through a whole night without having to shut down and re-boot. After the re-boot problem doesn't re-occur until end of night so don't know if it would do it again, but pretty sure it would.

There has to be something, thats missing here, I have seen this problem posted many of times previously so I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Please help.... I hate having to shutdown, lose video and go to my iphone for backup. Thank God, I have never had a phone call during a set. That would be very awkward having a convo while jacked into my mixer for everyone to hear! LOL

geposted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 11:40 am
Sounds like a problem with sound card drivers, which sound card are you using and have you got the latest drivers installed?

geposted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 11:49 am
Using the internal sound card with Asio4all since Vestax doesn't have driver for VCI-300 yet. Not sure about other drivers you would be talking about?

geposted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 12:12 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
If possible try going the entire night without using videos encoded in different formats. (Mpeg2/Mp4/Divx/Xvid/Fortran
Stick with one format or the other and see how that works for you.

Renee (just kidding about Fortran)

"DJ Renee Crash Free Video Since 2008"

geposted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 12:15 pm
Don't know if this would help, but i sometimes get slow loads when i have VDJ maximized full screen, when it is normal size it seems to load normally again.

Just an idea.

geposted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:14 pm
All videos on external are a lil' bit across the board, mostly mp4 though. Not sure how I would tell what is what when running VDJ. As far as running max screen, are you talking about to external? Not sure what it is set at, never played with it once since I hooked it up. Is there a certain size on the external I should be running?

geposted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 10:41 am
Sorry didnt mke it quite clear, When VDJ SKin is maxed on the screen above what the skin is designed for, ie when I maximized the default Skin to my screen 1440 x 900 it would after a while slow the load of tracks down to a practical stop. If I normalized the skin, so that I had borders of the desktop then things seems to be fine

geposted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 11:39 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try to disable AutoCue from settings. It helped for me.

geposted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 11:47 am
chibieCUE userMember since 2007
I had the same problem so I ended up setting up a 10 min max load and it seems to have fixed the problem. Seems anything greater causes the slow load of death after a while.

geposted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 5:36 pm
Don't play any video's more then 10 minutes long. I will try minimizing the skin size but don't see how that would effect a shut down at almost the same time every gig. It seems like quite a few people speak of this problem on the boards. I understand each PC operates differently but if you have alot of people complaining about similiar issues there's a problem in there somewhere.

Love the product and really don't want to switch to Serato but I cannot keep having shut downs during my sets.

geposted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 9:24 am
I believe if I understand the setting correctly, the max load limits the TOTAL load, including whats loaded in the deck you are currently playing, plus the deck thats standing by and waiting to play, so two 7min songs will load the first deck completely, and 3min of the other deck if your max load is set to 10min. I have been having the notorious "video freeze" problem and last night after reading this thread tried setting Max load to 10min vs. the 15min that was default. I noticed a big improvement in the video freeze problem:
while playing a video rip of "Dazed and Confused" by Led Zep. , which is 7min long, almost everytime I would get the freeze problem using max load 15. When switched to max load 10, it would only happen about every 5 times (forgot to mention I was loading and playing the same track on each deck)

Also noticed that the freeze problem seems to only happen playing songs with Cue points that are automatically loading.

geposted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 12:15 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
>
Also noticed that the freeze problem seems to only happen playing songs with Cue points that are automatically loading.

that's why you must disable autocue from the settings

geposted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 4:38 pm
jaakko wrote :
>

that's why you must disable autocue from the settings

But I like autocue and want the software to work the way it's supposed to. Besides, while testing today I noticed a freeze with autocue shut off. :( sometimes there seems not rhyme or reason.....

geposted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 1:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)