Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB audio dropouts w/ a Gigaport HD

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

After retooling my rig, I had some issues w/ audio just dropping out - and think it was from VDJ itself.

Configuration:

ASUS P5KPL-CM
Quad Core Intel
4Gb memory
1Tb SATA HD
Lite-On SATA Optical drive
NVIDIA (EVGA) PCIe video card
Gigaport HD audio device
USB mouse
USB keyboard
DAC-3 USB controller
USB modem (my cell phone) for WiFi only b/c no WiFi present.

XP SP3 32bit
VDJ 6.0.5 fresh install
Using Gigaport's AISO drivers

Now, everything ok for first 2 hours. Then I noticed what sounded like a skip. The sound dropped out - and I saw NO waverform for that moment. So, I am thinking not so much USB as something else. Now, I had the USB modem removed after a 2nd song was skipping and problem seemed resolved.

So, if this is a bogus configuration, why wait till 3 hours go by to start acting up. I *think* I saw one last drop out after removing the modem.

Before the retooling, I used a WT192L and USB based WiFi. Also, used 6.0.4 VDJ.

Thoughts?

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 7:01 pm
Have you turned off power management to your USB root hubs in Device Manager yet? Also, it looks like you have quite a bit of demand on your USB itself. Keep in mind that all of the USB devices in your system must share the bandwith available.

I can't really understand an audio drop because of USB, however, as the tracks should already be loaded into memory before they are played, unless they are very large and do not fit all at once and have to be loaded incrementally.

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 8:26 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have not tried the power management.

They are on different hubs. What is strange,is the waveform went blank - like the track was not loaded for a brief moment. Yet these are basic MP3s I always play.

I have six in the back and two in the front.

The front had the mouse dongle and modem. Only three in the back were used.

Also, the latest and greatest Intel chipset drivers installed.

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 8:44 pm
Try defragmenting the drive and see if performance improves, in addition to turning off USB power managment. If that doesn't work, try removing the other components from the USB hub that the drive is on and see what happens then.

geposted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 12:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)