Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Getting New Gear, need some help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ejele84Home userMember since 2010
Hi everyone!
Ive been mixing on a toshiba laptop, hercules rmx, and an external USB 1TB drive.
An opportunity presented and I bought a (used) Macbook Pro running on leopard 10.6.2 With a 2.4 Ghx Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB of RAM.
I have experienced a lot of crashes that have caused trouble for me (I currently use VDJ 5.2), and I got sick of it!
So Im willing to spend up to $2,500.- dlls for getting the most stable, reliable and sthetic set i can afford.
I know that the best way to go is to have a laptop for mixing only, so i pretend to use my Macbook Pro, for sthetics, and because Mac has a reputation for being better with audio and video than Pcs.

1) Should I buy the latest VDJ version available? Ive heard that its not 100% finished, an that it might be better to go with an older version...
2) If I buy the latest version, could I use it on my Pc as well? or for that i would have to pay 2 licenses....

Im thinking of getting Pioneers CDJ 400s and DJM 400 Mixer...
Since the mixer is not digital and I usually mix videos, when using the crossfader on the mixer,
3) Would it automatically change the video being displayed? or would I mix the songs first, and then drag the crossfader in VDJ so it would display the video...

Im using an external USB Drive and some djs had told me that being USB could make the sistem crash when youre trying to get 2 videos at the same time....
4) Should I get an external Firewire Drive for the Mac?
5) Am I thinking of the best way to go for achieving my goal????

THANK YOU!!!!

geposted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 8:08 pm
I had some problems with crash and "bumpy" sound. After I upgraded my MacBook from 2 till 4 GB RAM everything is perfect!

Macbook 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB RAM, + Denon 4500 controller.

geposted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 12:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)