Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using Windows 7 ultimate xp mode

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I will be finally getting rid of Vista and upgrading to windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my HP laptop (4 for the ram and a dual AMD processor) . I was wondering if I will find it better to run V.D.J. in XP mode? I have a few issues when I'm running the karaoke side of V.D.J. with Vista and hope to alleviate these issues! My job depends on it! Any advise or comments? Thanks.

geposted Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 10:43 pm
Short Answer - No.

XP Mode what's called a Virtual Machine. You effectively run a virtual copy of XP, on a virtual hard drive with limited memory and resources. It's there purely for older applications that cannot be upgraded to be fully compatible with Win7 - primarily for business apps.

VDJ works well under Win7 32 & 64 bit. But before making the leap you should check out the following:

Can you get 64Bit drivers for all your hardware - check first. It's too late if you've already blatted your hard drive!

Check your video card, look in the general forum about video freeze issues. If you don't spin videos you shouldn't have a problem.

But check, check, check before doing anything.

I ended up creating a dual boot machine so I had Vista on one partition and Win7 on the other. I still use the Vista partition for DJing and I like it that way. I have no network drivers, bluetooth or other unnecessary drivers installed and no AV. It simply boots to a vanilla OS and VDJ only.

I keep the Win7 for myself when not DJing... I have licences for both, so why not!!!!

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 7:33 am

geposted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 10:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)