Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Enough to do the job?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PMDJ JTHome userMember since 2010
I have several 2005/6 model year Dell 6000’s running Celeron-M Dothan 370 1.5Ghz processors with 512 ram onboard. Does this meet the “minimum” requirements to safely run VDJ without using video? I know many will chime in with opinions on Celerons and that’s both fine and welcomed. I’m really hoping someone who has personal experience or knowledge can provide a solid yes or no and what I might need to improve i.e. more ram, etc…. They all have XP Home SP2 running in a very bare bones configuration. Hardware to be used… Gigaport AG sound cards and DAC-2’s & 3’s. These machines have been dedicated gig machines from day one. I’m crossing over from PCDJ and hope to use them a little longer since they’ve been so rock solid. Thanks for any input!

geposted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 9:14 am
I have an older HP laptop with a 1.6 ghz pentium 4? with 512 ram.
I can run audio no problem.. but CPU usage is almost 100%..
I've used it for backup and wedding ceremonies many times.. does alright..

I personally wouldnt recommend it as a primary CPU, but great for backup..

geposted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 9:53 am
Okay…curiosity got the best of me so I went ahead and installed the trial on one my show laptops (the Dell’s I started this post with). The program loads fast and smooth. I’ve been running it stand alone without a controller and external sound card, for fear of messing up my current PCDJ configuration for now. It’s been purring like a kitten for almost an hour now. CPU usage when just playing a song, in one or both decks simultaneously, is around 10-15%. When I start to push the processor by engaging effects, looping, pitch bending, scratching, etc.. it goes up to closer to the 45-50% range. The only time it spikes is when loading a song. Then it goes all the way to 100% for a few seconds and then settles back to 10-15% area. Does all of this sound like it should? I do have another ram chip for each of my machines which would take them to 1024 vs the 512 currently installed. So if my numbers are close and that would help the situation I can pop those right in. I’m really excited about what this program seems to offer compared to my current old style PCDJ set-up. Thanks again…I’ll be checking for your feedback!

geposted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 12:48 pm
I used to use PCDJ also about 4 years ago and switched because the features and possibilities of VDJ far exceed that of PCDJ. It used less CPU usage and I got a lot of stuttering with PCDJ. PCDJ is NOW vastly similar to VDJ. You will be more than happy with VDJ I'm sure and I recommend it HIGHLY over PCDJ. As long as ur only playing audio 1025 ram will be fine. I'm now into video mixing and need a much more powerful laptop.

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 4:09 am
BA...thanks for chiming in! My biggest concern at this point is with CPU usage. As descibed above all is fine except when loading a song. That's when it spikes up to 100% for a few seconds. Is this normal?? Nothing seems to skip, slow down, or show any signs of trouble. Just curious is that spike is something to be concerned about. I'm hoping to "kick the tires" on the VDJ trial this weekend after I get a few more answers on this and another post I have in the hardware section about my sound card. Thanks!

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 6:40 am
It's normal for 100% CPU usage while loading a song on a single core processor.

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 12:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)