Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AUTOMIX Improvements

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Firstly I should say that I've come over to VDJ from the dark side that IS "OTSDJ"

I don't use automix for beat-mixing this comment is just for background music playout (back to back)

I wonder if in any of the future updates VDJ will tweak automix very slightly so that instead of a fade out / fade in, it does a fade out (as it does now) but then brings the next track in HARD (straight in without the fade in)

In reality if you were doing the this manually you would do exactly that, fade the track that's playing out and start the next track, you wouldnt fade the next track in as it sounds mushy especially if the next track has a hard beat or vocal at the front.

any comments on this guys?

Chilly

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 2:49 am
100% agree. This is the main reason I use iTunes for background music because it only fades out and does not fade in. If I have to go to the bathroom I usually do it when I'm playing slow songs because mixing isn't necessary but with VDJ I have to make sure I select songs that have a long intro (i.e. a song where the vocals don't start right at the beginning like "Back at One" by Brian McKnight).

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 8:25 am
not in the "Wishes and new features" section of this forum but +1.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 12:22 pm
isnt this already possible?

you can set the type of automix and cue in/cue out points for each individual song.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 1:18 pm
i think i get what they mean with this and its something i wouldnt mind myself -
the drop down menu for the automix does not have a selection for selectively choosing which cue points to use other than dragging the cue point marker on the wave form - problematic at best considering how small they are on the display.

but if working on the fly and needing to go take care of the cranky bride or groom who absolutly MUST have the "hokey pokey" or "wind beneath my wings" played and you have a room full of guests to keep entertained and don't want a half a minute of some artist so full of themself they have to do that much of an intro for a song then you want to be able to clik that automix button and go for a few minutes
in the picture - 1 is where it is. 2 is where you want it. and 3 is where the currently playing song is going to go out. so how to make it go out right there at 2 so it doesnt sound like a train wreck? is that what is meant by improvements?

inquiring minds want to know...

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 4:53 pm
well, not to be mean.. but "on the fly" and automix is kinda an oxymoron...

It works best if set up beforehand.
Load a sing into the deck. right-Click the "BPM" icon, and select the 'Edit AutoMix' tab.
"allow" Mix Cut.. (though I recommend to stick with either temp mix or fade mix)
Move the CBG to the first part of the song, hit "set entry point", then move the CBG to the end of the song and hit "set exit point"

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 8:25 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I use automix during dinner/cocktail music at large weddings. It works just fine for that purpose. There are no changes needed to the auto mix, in my opinion.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 8:48 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
There are no changes needed to the auto mix

Other then to get rid of it cause people are becoming to dependent on it, lmao!! It is a great feature but for all the trouble people go through just to get it to sound like a good mix might as well learn to mix and just record there own mixes to play for bathroom breaks, etc. Thats just my opinion

Huey

geposted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 9:33 pm
"on the fly" wasnt quite what i meant when i wrote it apparently. what i get for writing on no sleep. on the go? in a freakin' hurry to get stuff done? or "just gotta get this done and dealt with so they arent cranky and will recommend for next gig to their friends?"

either way. just tryin to help.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 3:09 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
"on the fly" wasnt quite what i meant when i wrote it apparently. .

i guess my point was.. trying to edit the start/stop points WHILE the song is either playing or about to play, seemed a little weird to me ;-)

I havent tried it, but while Automix is playing, I dont think nothing is stopping us from loading the track in question to the OTHER deck and editing the automix cue points there...

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 10:03 am
i understand what Hippy is saying but ....

wild means for it to have the option to do what he said .....

in the situation he was talking about there is no setting points in advance , he has no notice

it doesn't strike me as being an exotic , esoteric request , especially considering that "smart" is an option

but smart isn't smart enough ....

look Beatbreaker ....i disagree about the automix comment

i use it a lot at the strip club

i use it for cocktails and unexpected situations at mobile gigs ......

that's what wild was talking about

i rock my club , wild rocks his and you rock yers , but they are all very different

i actually think my auto stuff isn't bad at all ......the crossfade is usually very good and when the fade in is long

and bombastic like wild was talkin about , i either jump to my cue or make one new ....

it's a default feature

if it was really some total lame ass thing they wouldn't include it

mobile gigs and clubs are very different situations they only have a limited amount of overlap

it's a reasonable request and it's already available elsewhere ......

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 5:40 pm
Once again a request for a simple feature is answered with work-arounds that don't achieve the desired result. The request is simple... no fade-in at the beginning of a track during automix, period.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 6:07 pm
@Chuck, my comment wasnt aimed at the pros, so relax bro I was laughin, automix away. And I didnt say it was a totaly lame ass thing, like you said we all are different so sorry if I offened anyone. It is nice to have and yes it can sound pretty dam good!! But for me I just prefer to record my own mixes for when situations arise. The hottest after set in my town bought VDJ because of the auto mix!! He didnt want to pay a DJ but didnt want any dead air like he was getting with Serato so I showed him mine and the rest is history, cheap _ _ _ _ _ _, lmfao!!

Huey

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 7:42 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Once again a request for a simple feature is answered with work-arounds that don't achieve the desired result. The request is simple... no fade-in at the beginning of a track during automix, period.

and once again, I really dont understand the problem.. sorry

because what your asking for (as I read it) is do-able.. I did it.. have done it.. its easy.. and I even posted instructions on how to do it yourself..
its NOT a workaround.. its a feature that is already available..

What would help is if you could give us an EXACT example of what your trying to do..
IE: what songs you want to play/are playing, when is atomix is engaged, and where you expect the fade-in fade out between those songs.

geposted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 1:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't use automix and can't test right now, but if you set the marker at where you want it to start I assume it would fade from there.

The OP is *not* asking for this. The OP is asking for the previous song to fade out and the next song to jump in at 100% volume with no fade at the desired automix marker.

geposted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 1:23 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i understand what Hippy is saying but ....

wild means for it to have the option to do what he said .....

Maybe you can "translate" for me then :-)
because I dont seem to understand the "option" he wants?
I thought it was asked that the 'cue points' of Automix be easily adjusted?

Quote :
in the situation he was talking about there is no setting points in advance , he has no notice

So he wants to set cue points WHILE the song is playing? and he wants it to be perfect?

Quote :
especially considering that "smart" is an option
but smart isn't smart enough ....

The "smart" option will follow what YOU tell it to do for EACH song.. If you only "allow" mix fade, thats all it will do

geposted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 1:30 pm
SBDJ wrote :

The OP is *not* asking for this. The OP is asking for the previous song to fade out and the next song to jump in at 100% volume with no fade at the desired automix marker.

which is do-able. it does require a person to preset and "allow" the type of mix wanted for each song.

geposted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 1:33 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Hippydog

The complexity of this request is two fold, if i'm understanding his request properly, he wants an option to fade out previous song and no fade to the Next song, this option is Not available in AutoMix, BUT????

The problem here is that the next song or video may not start "Hard" as he put it.... it may have a long intro with no down beat like in the original "Alejandro" track for example among others which presents another problem issue to his request "que points", How do you deal with this?, I believe it should be preset "que points" and they should be also able to play in Automix, but I think they don't...?

So How would you deal with this scenario??.....Anyone

Joey....

geposted Sat 10 Jul 10 @ 2:21 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :

The complexity of this request is two fold, if i'm understanding his request properly, he wants an option to fade out previous song and no fade to the Next song, this option is Not available in AutoMix, BUT????

I think it is available..

If someone wants to give me the EXACT three songs they want to "automix" and where and how they would like the song to come in/out.. I'm would be more then willing to try it and prove my point..
any takers?

geposted Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 5:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)