Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 19

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

cioce wrote :
play and pause buttons in reversed position.

Compared to what?

There is no written law that says "play must be located here" and "pause must be located there".

Same applies to positions of knobs and buttons on mixers.

If everybody did things the same, life would be boring!

geposted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 5:14 am
groovindj wrote :
positions of knobs and buttons on mixers.

Last time I checked they all were the same...................crossfader at the bottom, upfaders in the middle, and knobs on the top.

Huey

geposted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 7:53 am
Some configs are more common than others, yes - but it's not set in stone.

Where's the crossfader on the Xone S2? Over to one side!

geposted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 9:22 am
Mabe someone here can help me with the VMS4 I just bought.
I installed the VDJ LE and upgraded the firmware and everytime I go to open the LE ver I get the Microsft must shut this program down blah,blah.
I also have the pro ver and have even tried using it there.I go into config and set it to the vms icon for the sound card with the ADJ asio driver and it then closes the program.Microsoft window must close again!.
I then selected external mixer with single mono sound and adj asio and it plays but no left/right channel which I understand.All in all
I cant get this unit to work with its own asio driver.
I did have the DJIO using the total control before and it worked well.I really dont want to go back to it if I dont have to.
I would much appreciate any help.I have installed it and let it go to default in Programs/virtualdj folder it creates and have allso installed it out of desperation into the Numark Cue folder I have and it still wont work.
I have read through this whole thread and nothing about my issue here.

Any advice please.

geposted Sat 09 Oct 10 @ 10:21 pm
Ok I installed the VDJ LE and it wont open. Windiow pops up and says Virtual dj has encountered a problem and must shut down,contact Microsoft ..and so on.Any Ideas why?..It takes the key ok..,my VMS4 wont activate in VVpro when I choose it in soundcard selections.
I choose external mixer
I choose VMS4 Icon as the sound card
Hit apply and.......
Then it abruptly ends with the infamous Virtual dj encountered an error and contact microsft.... and must shut down speech.

UPDATED FIRMWARE
DOWNLOADED LATEST ASIO FROM AA

Is there something im missing here?

geposted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 10:47 am
Hello, first sorry for my poor english, I having problem with channels 1 and 4 (channels 2 and 3 as you know is for vdj program) if I connect like an mp3, ipod or any source of audio thing on any of the channels, the sound is waay to low.This is not related with vdj, do you find yourself in the same situation? Or maybe have a faulty unit?

Thanks and have a nice day.

santosac46

geposted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 11:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Lineman55 -- how about a little recap of the environment you are running.

Which Windows version?
System specs?

Also, did you uninstall the drivers for the DJio before installing the VMS4 drivers?
I have seen issues with conflicting driver versions with other units - this is why I ask.

geposted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 2:32 pm
No I did not uninstall those drivers.I wanted to keep the drivers for my working gigs until I was comfortable with the VMS4.I would never have thought that would have or could have effected it.I am running XPPRO /all updates on an Alien Aurora m51 laptop.
I went and returned the unit today and replaced it with the Numark mixdeck. I really would have wanted to keep the VSM4 but with many issues surrounding it I figured I would wait to a later time.
I appreciate you stepping in to help..I guess the hardware needs a bit more tweaking.
I couldnt understand why virtualdj LE wouldnt even load without the VMS4 being plugged in and then It would crash once I did after restarting
Virtualdj LE.

geposted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 6:47 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone test the VMS4 with VDJ7?

I won't be able to til probably tonight.

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:46 am
ummmm nobody posted here all this time?

How is the VMS4 with VDJ7 guys? Or are you having too much fun to post??

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 4:03 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
ROCK SOLID!

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 6:08 pm
ok how do i set this thing up to work properly with the multiple decks???

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 10:45 pm
There are some things that I didn't quite get completed before release ... but I hope to have a full mapping available possibly tomorrow evening.

As you can see it is a late night post so, I am working on it :)

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:12 pm
Hook it up cstoll. Thank you sir!!!

geposted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:35 pm
cstoll wrote :
I hope to have a full mapping available possibly tomorrow evening.

Thanks !!

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:04 am
Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Firstly, good job on VDJ7 guys!

I was working on a personal mapping last night for the VMS4, and found that I have a faulty "pitch bend" button on the right hand deck.. it seems the "pitch -" button doesnt work :( but that's not why I came here...

I came here to thank cstoll and the guys for all their work, and look forward to the mapping that cstoll is working on, and to offer any help or testing that he may need!

Matt (aka Djay7 on radio.virtualdj.com)

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:47 am
Looking forward to this too...

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:47 am
VD7 IS A VERY GOOD SOFTWARE!

WHEN WILL THE 4 TRACKS WORK WITH THE VMS4 ON THE 4 CHANNELS AND THE IPOD FUNCTION WORKING?

WHATS THE MSN FOR IN THE OPTIONS ON VDJ7?

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 4:49 pm
Don't tag your posts like that in the future - they will be moderated.

You must not read from where you last left off reading and just jump to the end ?????

cstoll wrote :
There are some things that I didn't quite get completed before release ... but I hope to have a full mapping available possibly tomorrow evening.

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 5:36 pm
smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys

I first want to say I love VDJ 7....Thank You....I also want to say that I almost didnt buy the VMS4 due to the problems people were having. But I took a chance and bought one tonight.

I must say everything is working beautifully with VDJ 7. I have no problems with the jogs as people had expressed, no problem with the cue light etc etc no problem with loading the le version

I installed the LE Version and then I just opened the vdj 7 version that I already had installed, I didnt neccesarily redownload it..Is that ok? I didnt notice any problems

. The only thing I didnt test was the mic but thats a non issue for me because I dont use it

I also want to ask CSTOL how can I record my mix with the VMS4. Im using a Macbook Pro....I have my Booth Outs going to the headphone jack of my lappy, is that all I need to do or is there another setting. It didnt seem to work right.

Thank you

DJ Dusty

geposted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:21 pm
55%