Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: i just wanna mix songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

so i have no clue what im doing and i want to get into mixing but i really need help. i kinda know what im doing but i dont lol

im trying to mix two songs together and make them sound aka beautifully synchronized but when i try it comes out like blah blah blah. just crap

if anyone can help me that would be sweet and i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

geposted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 3:48 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello Canada. Well..... what a question you ask............... i a few sentances you wana know how to mix!!!

What do you use? Record Decks? CDJ's? PC?

If PC or laptop, What software are you using? and are you also using a Controller like an RMX that plugs into the PC/laptop?

I assume your using VDJ in one ov its many incarnations.

So, load deck 1 with a tune, load Deck 2 with a tune, Make sure they're at a similar BPM and are similar sounding. Wait for a "break" in the tune and Fade the 2nd track in.... Using the Crossfader, the volume levels or the graphic equaliser...There.. you done it. (at its most basic level)

Now go away for quite a while (1 year or so )and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! Explore the software and try things out... Record what you do and listen to it back again... again and again and again!!! Til your Girlfriend/ boyfriend/ partner says they are GOING MAD!!! Then do it some more!!!!!

If Decks/ CDJ's then start a tune off and count how many beats you hear for 15 seconds, then multiply that by 4 to get the beats per minute (BPM).
Then get another track and do the same...
If they are around the same BPM then, with one tune playing, listen to how the beats are arranged, they will usually be broken into sections (4 beat, 8 beat, 16 beat, 32 beat). When your at the start ov a new set ov beats then bring the new tune in.Using the above methods.
This will sound very harsh but keep going and you will get your "ear-in" and then get better.

Ask lots ov questions on this forum (everyone is very happy to help, especially, some ov the Ole dogs out there like DJ-in-Norway or Tareemup to name but 2). The Mix lesson Forum is a bit slow so try the General Forum for more immediate responces if you desperate!!

There are quite a few postings to do with starting off so have a scan around the forum and you'll probably find sumat relevant.

Hoe that helps some babes. good luck. Keep on Keeping on!!!

XXX

geposted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 2:33 pm
In VDJ Pro 7, it's possible to change the BPM without changing the tone with Master Volume, but is it also possible to change the tone of a song without changing it's BPM? So that you can match the tone of two songs which already have the same BPM?

geposted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 6:41 am
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
GrecoMixer, let me put it to you this way!

If you're using VDJ of any sort, they have do beat match, but that means nothing if the songs don't fit! So it is advise you feel the songs you play and listen carefully to what sounds similar! After you hear a song so many times, you can basically tell what songs can match up for the perfect mix.

Also don't be afraid to experiment, because you'll find some of your best mixes will come by mistake. Now if you plan to experiment during a live set, be sure you cue it first, before making a boo boo the fool out of yourself, lol!

Just remember the only way you're going to get better is practice, so every chance you get to practice, take advantage of that opportunity!

HAPPY MIXING,
COACH K da DJ aka THE MIX MONSTER!

geposted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 12:33 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
wow it seems very few people read the forums before posting.

there is a lot of info in the mix lessons section that i just posted up for other people who are newbies.

have a read its quite in depth

geposted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 2:30 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I agree with ole Blulite... he's posted some FAB tips so go and have a wee read ov that thread in Music Discussion's and if you got anymore questions after that then come back and we'll see if we can add owt to it...

BIG UP BLULITE!!! OH WISE ONE...

XXXSeanaXXX

geposted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 5:45 pm
can any one told me how to create some good bass track, or from where i can get those for a nice mixing nd some sampler which will use when i mix two songs.. pls reply......

geposted Fri 27 May 11 @ 2:45 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
if you want good bass lines , search the web for free samles and check out some of the bass lines. you can load them into your sampler and loop it but remember you have to choose one of equal bpm or you will get the dreaded bouble bouble bassline.

you can alter the bpm, tone, key et in ableton live or cubase. maybe even audacity. you can also load if you prefered to do it on the fly, into an empty deck and alter the pitch, bpm etc to suite.

sampling and loopping basslines from breakdowns, intros and outros is also a good way forward. record a sample for 4/8/16 or 32 beats and save it so you can use it in other mixes of the same bpm/key

geposted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 8:08 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)