Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Playlist mixing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm very new to virtual dj and just got it for a bit of fun. No serious stuff. I love the smart automix function - it's amazing.

I have a playlist of about 100 songs that I just want to set and forget for a party. I notice that some songs with less beats don't mix as well as others. Is there a way I can arrange the playlist automatically and put the most appropriate songs (mixing wise) together. It doesn't matter what order the songs are in. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!

geposted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 5:27 pm
yeah, just arrange them in whatever order u want!

geposted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 7:02 pm
in the playlist click on bpm and it will arrange them by bpm,this always isnt the best option though if u like certain songs to play after others

geposted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 5:51 pm
How can use the automix but i dont want it to put automixpoint on the songs.
i want play all the song then finish all the song and start the new one from 0????

help please

geposted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 1:47 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
simple answer is

dont use vdj

use windows media player.

vdj's auto"MIX", does just that. mixes automatically. listening to single tracks isnt what it was invented for.

no offence but why on earth have you guys downloaded virtual dj to either play single tracks or just load a playlist and leave it.

it really was a pointless exercise as media player does the things you want without you haveing to ask people silly questions.

geposted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 5:10 pm
My question is about playlists.

I understand how to load the playlist from my Itunes playlist library so it shows up on the right hand side of the screen, and also how to click on each song to put song 1 in deck 1, and song 2 in deck 2.

But how do I set the decks up to play all of the songs in the playlist, so I could just start the playlist and walk away, and virtual DJ would play song 1 in deck 1, song 2 in deck 2, song 3 in deck 1, song 4 in deck 2, back and forth, untill the end of the playlist? Is this possible, or can I only load two songs at a time?

Thanx in advance for any replies!

geposted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 12:22 pm

I understand how to load the playlist from my Itunes playlist library so it shows up on the right hand side of the screen, and also how to click on each song to put song 1 in deck 1, and song 2 in deck 2.

But how do I set the decks up to play all of the songs in the playlist, so I could just start the playlist and walk away, and virtual DJ would play song 1 in deck 1, song 2 in deck 2, song 3 in deck 1, song 4 in deck 2, back and forth, untill the end of the playlist? Is this possible, or can I only load two songs at a time?

you should just use Windows Media Player/Itunes/Ipod. A DJ should never leave his post. If you want to be a DJ, you should keep yourself behind that table and mix.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:11 pm

you should just use Windows Media Player/Itunes/Ipod. A DJ should never leave his post. If you want to be a DJ, you should keep yourself behind that table and mix.

L+H_116, I am already a DJ. I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on how to do what I do. It was a general question about a new product I am getting to know. If you didn't have anything helpful to respond with regarding my questions above, there really wasn't any need for you to respond. But since you were concerned enough, I thought I would tell you that I am not DJ'ing this particular event, just providing some background music for some friends, and wanted to use my new Virtual Dj stuff to work a playlist. I thought we were all friends here......

geposted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:22 pm
bubba171811 wrote :

I would just find time at home and record yourself mixing the playlist using the vdj record feature... then you will always have it the way you want it and you can load the whole mix into 1 deck and hit play. I do that for the begining of parties while people are just showing up or while i'm setting up. this way there is music playing, it is mixed the way I want it to be, and i don't have to do anything else with it. I find that the auto mix feature chews up a lot of the songs, but that's just my opinion.

hope that helps

geposted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 7:16 pm
[quote=bubba171811]My question is about playlists.

I would just find time at home and record yourself mixing the playlist using the vdj record feature... then you will always have it the way you want it and you can load the whole mix into 1 deck and hit play. I do that for the begining of parties while people are just showing up or while i'm setting up. this way there is music playing, it is mixed the way I want it to be, and i don't have to do anything else with it. I find that the auto mix feature chews up a lot of the songs, but that's just my opinion.

hope that helps

Thanx DJ forged. Good ideas right there. I have a few extended jams from different styles that I use at the beginning of the night, but my own recorded playlist, seguing songs into each other would be pretty cool. I neeed to get more fmailiar with VDJ and then go from there. And yes, the automix feature isn't that much different at all from playing a playlist from Itunes and letting the songs bleed into each other. For this particualr event, I may just use Itunes, but we'll see. I'm only providing music, not DJ'ing, so as long as there's something there, I'm ok. Thanx again.....

geposted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 9:00 am
VDJ will play your songs in completion using automix. Just change the automix type to: none (back to back)

geposted Mon 02 May 11 @ 12:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)