Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: poll: what about our radio? [French & English]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

[English version]

Most of us notice that there are only a few users tuned into our radio whereas about 150-200 VDJ users are connected at any time. As far as I am concerned the same kind of music is always playing and a lot of listeners turn off the radio as they were expecting a more diversified music.

I am convinced there is a great potential but we must adjust to make OUR radio more effective. To improve our radio, could you please carry the survey out as following?

Thanks in advance for your concern in improving the radio. Try to answer AT LEAST in English and be HONEST please J.

1) Are you a DJ on the radio?
2) Do you listen to the radio?
3) How many times?
4) What do you think about the music played?
5) Do you expect a more diversified music?
6) Which one(s)?
7) Shaggypoet has proposed a last night session. Should this kind of special emission be extended each day?
8) Do you think the best program is: each day = a theme?
9) Or only 3-4 days (and the rest the time leave the DJ choose their music)?
10) In that case, would you listen to/mix more often?
11) In your opinion, how could we improve the audience?
12) And should we reorganize the schedule? How?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[French version]

Beaucoup d’entre nous remarquons qu’un nombre restreint d’utilisateurs écoutent notre radio alors que 150-200 utilisateurs sont connectes à tout moment. Me concernant, je suis lasse d’entendre le même type de son et beaucoup d’autres, me semble-t-il, objecterait la même critique. Des attentes decues les détournent de la radio, malheureusement.

Cependant, je suis convaincu du grand potentiel de notre radio, mais nous devons innover pour la rendre plus attrayante ne serait-ce qu’aux yeux des utilisateurs de VDJ. Pour cette raison, je vous demande de participer au sondage qui suit, en adoptant le même canevas.

Merci d’avance de votre intérêt. Tachez de répondre AU MOINS en anglais; soyez de surcroît honnête dans vos réponses.

1) Mixes-tu à la radio?
2) L’écoutes-tu?
3) Combien de fois?
4) Que penses-tu de la musique qui y est jouée?
5) T’attends-tu à qqch de plus diversifie?
6) Quelle style?
7) Shaggypoet proposait une “last night session”; des programmes spéciaux devraient-ils être propose tous les jours?
8) Penses-tu que la meilleure programmation soit : chq jour = un thème?
9) Même question mais que pour 3 ou 4 jours de lq semaine?
10) Dans cette éventualité, écouterais-tu / mixerais-tu plus souvent?
11) A ton avis, comment améliorer l’audience?
12) Devrait-on réorganiser l’agenda? Comment?

Phenryll

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:11 pm
1) Are you a DJ on the radio? YES

2) Do you listen to the radio? YES

3) How many times? On the WE only and when the music is good

4) What do you think about the music played? It’s always playing the same song!

5) Do you expect a more diversified music? YES I DO

6) Which one(s)?
acid jazz, latin house, deep house, 80’s, ambient and all songs which create a good mood

7) Shaggypoet has proposed a last night session. Should this kind of special emission be extended each day? I think so

8) Do you think the best program is: each day = a theme? NO I DON’T

9) Or only 3-4 days (and the rest the time leave the DJ choose their music)? YES I DO

10) In that case, would you listen to/mix more often? YES

11) In your opinion, how could we improve the audience? To diversify the songs played and to organize special program with a unique theme

12) And should we reorganize the schedule? How? YES WE SHOULD by organizing special program

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:12 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Yes

Yes

3) How many times?

Every evening between 19 and 2 hours ( GMT+2 ) and week-end when I'm at home

I Like it

Music played is all I like.

6) Which one(s)?

7) Shaggypoet has proposed a last night session. Should this kind of special emission be extended each day?

If it's each day, it's not a special emission anymore :p

I think It's not possible.

Maybe but I'm not sure it's possible. If we have a special day 'deep house', I don't know If we have enough of djs mixing this music style. I think DJs must mix the music style they like and not the music style imposed because is a special day.

I listen everytime I can, so I don't think I can listen more :p

I think people doesn't listen radio, because they don't know that the radio exists AND NOT because the music style is not good or not diversified. We need to make more pub, in forums, friends, shops ...

I don't have answer for this.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:41 pm
ENGLISH USERS
--------------

ok guys, I have translated french users' answers.

FRENCH USERS
--------------

please, answer in English at least! I translate all texts but it takes time.

Merci de repondre AU MOINS en anglais; si vous etes une canule, reprenez le modele anglais et je completerai en anglais ce que vous dit en francais :)

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 11:36 am
hi there...

1) YES - I am dj at the radio
2) YES - I do listen to the radio often
3) I play at least twice a week, and listen every day when I have free time
4) Very good, good variations, good djs
5) Could be more diversity maybe.... it is a bit much house, club and trance - but there is also some great djs that play other styles, that I do like a lot
6) all styles are covered, but less house/trance - and more room for dancehall,rnb,hiphop could attract more djs and listeners
7) Me and Shaggy made that idea - so the answer is of course YES :) hehe
8) I love the idea of theme days - could really attract spescial djs for ocations, and listeners...
9) most of the radio should be "anything goes" - and theme days only once a week or so
10) I mix most styles and music - and I would not mix more or less, because of style of day.. thats just a good challange ;)
11) PROMOTION !! the radio team should try to get VirtualDJ on many radio broadcast webpages, and we should have american/canadian radio teamers as well, because radio seems to work "only" at European times now... I know Andre would love to promote VDJ radio on american websites, and get more american djs to play at nite (european time)
12) the schedule seems to work fine, we only need more djs at nite, so that there will be live radio all hours

happy mixing;)

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 3:49 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) Are you a DJ on the radio? I was but now either behind a modem 56K or behind a proxy so currently i can't but i would like so much :-(
2) Do you listen to the radio? Yes when i have fast internet during the year
3) How many times? from 19h00 to 0h-1h
4) What do you think about the music played? very well as i dreamed
5) Do you expect a more diversified music? why not if people ask it and as radio team is broadminded. But at the creation it was more house,club etc...
6) Which one(s)? Only what it can be MIXED by VDJ and not more otherwise the radio will loose its interest
7) Shaggypoet has proposed a last night session. Should this kind of special emission be extended each day? Yes if we can do that
8) Do you think the best program is: each day = a theme? it will be difficult i think
9) Or only 3-4 days (and the rest the time leave the DJ choose their music)? No
10) In that case, would you listen to/mix more often? it doesn't change for me
11) In your opinion, how could we improve the audience? In the past i studied for live in public clubor bar. It's the only moment where the radio team accept microphone. Talk about it everywhere, everytime. Relationships with other webradios. And i hope during the Techno Parade in France with flyers :-)
12) And should we reorganize the schedule? How? I think live is very difficult in this way

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 2:24 am
ok guys, I have translated yoann's answers and papy's answers.

cya

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 11:40 am
RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you a DJ on the radio?
Yes...I hope so :-)

Do you listen to the radio?
Yes...Only when my ears are clean

How many times?
Twice a day 4 the moment, at 12:00 to 2:00 pm & usually at 10:00 to 12:00 pm

What do you think about the music played?
I very like It

Do you expect a more diversified music?
Why not

Which one(s)?
More Electronic World Music (Estern Europe & West Indies...)

Shaggypoet has proposed a last night session. Should this kind of special emission be extended each day?
NO ! too much Kill interest...

Do you think the best program is: each day = a theme?
NO, each day 1 (or X) Specific Emission

Or only 3-4 days (and the rest the time leave the DJ choose their music)?
look at the top ;-)

In that case, would you listen to/mix more often?
That's not the problem.If I said I make an emission, I do it.If sometimes I had to cancel it, I always prevent the team before.Question is :"If the Dj's can't ensure his emission, do we had to change the theme ?!"

In your opinion, how could we improve the audience?
My opinion his that we need to humanise the radio...
First Computer don't replace HUMAN, so I think that DJ's had to talk a little bit on their sets...maybe to present & annouce the next Dj
Second One, when nobody mix, I think It will be ESSENTIAL to have "commercial Chart music" + a message telling :"You're on VDJ Radio...blablabla, the next live is in one hour with DJ XXX (for instance)"
What we need on the radio call MUSIC, always, all the time...

And should we reorganize the schedule? How?
Not now, only if there's to much demand later

That's my opinion :-) Thxs Phenryll 4 that nice initiative !

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 11:50 pm
shaggypoet, could you insert a copyright like "Atomix productions 2005" at the bottom the flyer please?

geposted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 9:25 am
it's incredible that there are 80 DJs and a few of them have answered.

geposted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 9:19 am
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Yes

Yes most of the time start 3.30 pm to 8.00 pm

3) How many times?
4-5 times a week

Excellent : lot's of talentuous DJ and was pleased to be so nicely surprised.

Of Course : new vibes nevers kill someone !!!

6) Which one(s)?
Everything new style in house.

Each day ??? hum no I don't think. It's a 100 % live radio so each Deejay must play what they want when they want.

No : see my above answer.

no see answer number 7

Not necessary, I like to mix on the radio as I like to hear others Deejays mix on the radio.

How improve ??? let's make the planning full of Deejay before, so many free slot every day ........

Why reorganize ???

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 7:52 am
In which language do I write to it? In English only please.

geposted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 4:21 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
:)))

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 8:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)