Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: My First Dubstep Mix Using Mixtrack Pro.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HaawkzLE userMember since 2011

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 2:09 pm
Anyone? Need some tips :)

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 2:28 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
listened to it, im not sure if its just me or is that just one track with a lot of effects implemented???

im not into dubstep so im totally unsure on how many tracks are actually there. it just sounds like noise to me. lol.

anyway, there was several instances of bad timing on the effects and once when you tried to move the track forward with the jogwheel. instead of trying to fast forward with the jogwheel you should use the pitch control. speed it pu then bring it back but dont use too great a jump or it will smurf and move totally off key.

other than your timing being out and your cockup with the jogs it seems ok.

best person to ask about DS mixes though would be seana. seana likes it wobbly.

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 3:19 pm
listened to it, im not sure if its just me or is that just one track with a lot of effects implemented???

im not into dubstep so im totally unsure on how many tracks are actually there. it just sounds like noise to me. lol.

anyway, there was several instances of bad timing on the effects and once when you tried to move the track forward with the jogwheel. instead of trying to fast forward with the jogwheel you should use the pitch control. speed it pu then bring it back but dont use too great a jump or it will smurf and move totally off key.

other than your timing being out and your cockup with the jogs it seems ok.

best person to ask about DS mixes though would be seana. seana likes it wobbly.

Thankyou :). Yeah i keep touching the jog wheel with my arm by accident as it's touch sensitive. But i suppose i will become more better as time goes on, thanks.

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 3:42 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
if you keep catching the jogs with your arms just lift your elbows a bit. kind of a chicken wing effect. works wonders.

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 5:48 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Blulite wrote :
Seana likes it wobbly.

I LOVE IT WELL WOBBLY!!!

I\'ll check it out and wobble on back to you...
Thanx for the compliment babes...

Seana

XXX

geposted Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 7:24 pm
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok babes... Here we go...

Hold onto your britches...

2.09 Your flanger went a bit too high and started feeding back a bit...
3.01 You started going a bit mad with the old Beat-Grid effect here...
3.48 You did a nice transition here and chose the spot well too...
4.27 FAB WOBBLY BIT HERE!!!
5.17 Yes you were touching the jog wheels by mistake here i think...
6.08 Nice transition here too... well done babes...
6.18 GREAT TUNE...
6.40 Nice use ov the Flange here, not too over the top...
7.42 Did you catch the slider with your sleeve here? Keep ya elbow up babes...

As i posted on the Soundcloud page...

Well done babes...You defo gettin it... just let the music tell its story a bit more... I know (from experience) its tempting to keep going for the effect buttons but go easy with them... Remember...Quality not quantlty... I think you chose the transition points well though and all in all, i'd be pretty happy if that was my first mix...
just keep practicing and post them up so i can give you more constructive critisms... if you dont mind that is...

You can check out my Mixes on SoundCloud look for DJ GeneDefekt (CrySis)
Im not saying they are the best mixes in the world but it may give you some small pointers along the way...
Hope you like em

Seana

XXX

Oh and Blulite... i loved your comment about not knowing how many tunes (if any) there were!!! And that it just sounded like a noise!!! HA!!! ALRIGHT GRANDDAD!!! LOL!!! I did laugh...Thanx for that, its made my day!!!

Bless ya. XXXXXX

geposted Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 7:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)