Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Where can I get ZOUK, COUP DECALE, SOUKOUS, SOCA, KIZOMBA, KUDURO and KWAITO video clips?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi there deejays! I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone of you could point me in the right direction for obtaining video clips of (better and also lesser known) tropical dance music styles like:

REGGAE (originally from JAMAICA - sung in ENGLISH or CREOLE)
SALSA + SALSATON (CUBA - SPANISH/ENGLISH)
MERENGUE + MERENGUETON (REP. DOMINICANA - SPANISH)
REGGAETON (PUERTO RICO - SPANISH/ENGLISH)
CUMBIA + CUMBIATON (COLOMBIA + MEXICO - SPANISH)
ZOUK (GUADALOUPE + MARTINIQUE - FRENCH/CREOLE)
SOCA (TOBAGO + TRINIDAD - ENGLISH/SPANISH)
KIZOMBA (CABO VERDES + ANGOLA - PORTUGESE/CREOLE/UMBUNDU)
KUDURU (CABO VERDES + ANGOLA - PORTUGESE/CREOLE/UMBUNDU)
SOUKOUS (CONGO - FRENCH/LINGALA)
LINGALA (TANZANIA + KENYA + ZAMBIA + ZIMBABWE + MOZAMBIQUE - LINGALA)
COUPE DECALE (COTE D'IVOIRE - FRENCH/BAOULE)
KWAITO (SOUTH AFRICA - ENGLISH/ISCAMTHO)

Amy help would be greatly appreciated, believe me!

geposted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 9:25 am
Try here - http://www.promoonly.com.
They used to produce dvd's only but I believe they have a download option now as well.
There are many online stores to which you can subscribe and build your video collection. Search the forum properly for the options that best suit you.
The site above is very well categorized in terms of genres. For sure you will find monthly releases for some of the genres you listed but Zouk, for example and some of the other genres you are searching for - most of those songs don't even have videos. Soca, more now than before but that music is seasonal in the Caribbean and does not have a very long lifespan. So again the videos are few but there are some.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 12:53 am
Thanx Ian. :)

I know about the videopools and tried some of them (promo only not yet, though) and yes, I am VERY aware of the scarceness :( of video clips for the lesser known tropical music styles... That's why I decided to post. You never know... Maybe there are DJ's in the forum that live in the Caribbean or Africa and know of direct sources...

Anyway, here's hoping!

geposted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 4:34 am
i use mostly screenplay and smashvidz and for latin i found latinosunidosonline and latinomusicpool. my club does a latin night and those pools helped alot!!!! promo? used to use them but not anymore. mad props due to them during their time but their watermarks on their videos aint there for me and for latin its not close to what latinosunidos and lantinomusicpool carry. hope that helps.

geposted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 11:05 am
Deejay Corny wrote :
Hi there deejays! I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone of you could point me in the right direction for obtaining video clips of (better and also lesser known) tropical dance music styles like:

REGGAE (originally from JAMAICA - sung in ENGLISH or CREOLE)
SALSA + SALSATON (CUBA - SPANISH/ENGLISH)
MERENGUE + MERENGUETON (REP. DOMINICANA - SPANISH)
REGGAETON (PUERTO RICO - SPANISH/ENGLISH)
CUMBIA + CUMBIATON (COLOMBIA + MEXICO - SPANISH)
ZOUK (GUADALOUPE + MARTINIQUE - FRENCH/CREOLE)
SOCA (TOBAGO + TRINIDAD - ENGLISH/SPANISH)
KIZOMBA (CABO VERDES + ANGOLA - PORTUGESE/CREOLE/UMBUNDU)
KUDURU (CABO VERDES + ANGOLA - PORTUGESE/CREOLE/UMBUNDU)
SOUKOUS (CONGO - FRENCH/LINGALA)
LINGALA (TANZANIA + KENYA + ZAMBIA + ZIMBABWE + MOZAMBIQUE - LINGALA)
COUPE DECALE (COTE D'IVOIRE - FRENCH/BAOULE)
KWAITO (SOUTH AFRICA - ENGLISH/ISCAMTHO)

Amy help would be greatly appreciated, believe me!

youtube will do the trick... search for the titles or artists. Get a pro realplayer converter for $20 and download while you watch. all the videos you like are on youtube specially for the kind of music you are looking for. have fun searching...

geposted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 3:33 am
Thanx for the suggestions, guys!
:)

geposted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 12:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)