Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New @ Djing - My very first mixes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Braky99PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi there everyone,

Just wanted to share with you guys my 2 littles mixes. It's my second day @ DJing, got a mixtrack pro.

My very first mix is a house mix and the second one a hiphop (the hiphop one which took me alot of time and effort :P and still screwed up the second scratch lol).

www.soundcloud.com/dj-luss

Comments are welcome.

geposted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 11:12 am
mifzanHome userMember since 2011

geposted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 5:49 am
I stopped at about 2 minutes. This is basically a practice session which I would never record but if you want an opinion here you go. The mixes seemed very forced & non were really on beat. Don't start mixes in the middle of songs. at least until you get to the bridge. You seemed to learned only one way to fade out with that echo which I got tired of immediately because you need to switch up with something else. Mixtapes, imo, are 45 minutes or longer, so you have some work to do. Get your songs up to date, keep your music library up to par because all the music I heard so far was a year or older.

I couldn't listen to much of the other one because it all sounds the same to me. Everyone does this music and no matter what it is everyone seems to like it so the only thing I can say about it is make it longer but the song as different as possible so people can tell it was being mixed cuz I jumped 5 minutes and it sounded the same to me.

Good luck.

geposted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 8:15 am
I like many others am new to djing, and I am cuurently looking for an amp and speakers. As a beginner on a budget, what middle of the road brands in amps and speakers should I be considering. I dont want anything that has a bad rep , but want something I can afford that will eventually pay for itself just in case this dose'nt work out.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 7:50 pm
Hey Braky99,

I sort of agree with DJ Ace Cap1 on the mixing quality, it lacks the basic knowledge of where to hit in and how to fade etc etc. There are some great guides here on the forum that take it step by step, from basic beatmixing to harmonic mixing on patterns.

What also helps allot, LISTEN to what other people do, and than, get the songs and try it yourself. That will also teach you why one progression feels good and another doesn't.

You are already on www.soundcloud.com but its also worth to visit www.mixcloud.com, especially since many mixes are time coded, allowing you to see where the progressions take place.

One thing I don't agree on with DJ Ace Cap1 is that you should only play up2date music, thats important if you are in a club, but just for making podcasts its not such a bad thing to take some older songs, presuming they are good songs ;)

geposted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 11:05 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)