Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to keep loops from cancelling?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

sn0wdayHome userMember since 2011
I have a loop ahead of time on a track, about 2 minutes in, 4 beats.

I start the track for the intro, then as I mix out of the currently playing track, I cue jump forward (but not to the loop), but this cancels the loop.

Meaning I would have to wait to set the loop as the track is playing and risk having it not be exactly on the 4 beats, blah-blah-blah.

Is there some sort of, cuelock I can use to keep the loop from canceling itself? Or any other method I can use to secure the 4 beat loop ahead of time? I am using a Numark Mixtrack Pro, but this problem persists even if I use the on screen vdj controls.

geposted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 1:43 am
I am having a similar problem. My loops used to hold if I paused and restarted a track. This was very useful to me in my mixing and I was very happy with this funtion. I had to reinstall and I seem to have lost this functionality.

Previously I would play a track. Say at 3:50 I start a 4 bar loop. If I pushed pause the loop (and track) stopped. If I pushed pause again it would return to the start of the track but keep the 4 bar loop ready at 3:50. (If I pushed pause three times it would clear the loop) It would not save the loop but rather hold it on the track until I cleared it by pushing pause three times.

If I then played the track from the start it would play through to 3:50 and go into the 4 bar loop. The wave in the Rhythm Window would appear faded out until it got to the loop and then it would appear brighter again. I could see this highlighted loop coming and drop a track or loop on another deck onto it perfectly

Now after reinstalling I can put a loop in but pausing once stops the loop/track but pushing it again clears the loop and returns me to the start of the track. The loop is lost.

It wasn't a script as I've not be using scripts and if it was an option I'd changed I cannot for the life of me remember what it was or indeed, find that option now.

The only thing I can do close to this is pause the track when I've looped it and then wind it back manually with the Virtual Turntable which is OK if the loop is at the start of a track but frustrating if the loop is at the end of the track.

I've seen a few posts about this as I've been searching the forums desperately for an answer but no one seems to be able to answer these posts.

I hope someone has an answer for me.

geposted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 7:56 pm

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 4:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)