Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark V7 randomly stops/restarts with Virtual DJ 7

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all, I am having a Numark V7 + Virtual DJ issue that, after doing a Google search, appears to be fairly common but no one has been able to solve it yet, so I will ask here. I have also asked this directly of Numark and Atomix, waiting for a reply. I am using a pair of V7's in the master/slave configuration (with one deck connected to a Windows laptop via USB and the decks linked together with the Link cable) and Virtual DJ. At some point into my set, with the master deck playing, the master deck will either stop, or will restart itself from the beginning of the track. This seems to happen about 3 hours after I first power up the gear, and it happens at every gig (last night was the 6th time now). From reading the reports from other users with this problem, the Virtual DJ folks say that this is a V7 issue, so make sure the firmware and drivers are updated, etc. (they are the latest version), and the Numark folks say that Virtual DJ is sending the stop/start commands to the V7, so please take it up with them. I absolutely LOVE my 2 V7's + Virtual DJ setup, but I cannot continue to play out on it if I'm going to have dead air at every gig. I can play an entire night on a Numark Mixtrack + Virtual DJ, or 2 V7's + Serato Itch, or on a single V7 + Virtual DJ, but the combination of 2 V7's + Virtual DJ is literally a showstopper. Any help that Atomix or my fellow V7 users can send my way would be greatly appreciated. I am running Virtual DJ Pro Full 7.04 on Windows XP Pro with all service packs applied, on a Dell Core 2 Duo laptop, with the latest V7 ASIO driver (v2.8.42). Thanks in advance.

Mike

P.S., here is another user on the Virtual DJ forums who is having axactly the same issue:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/154042/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Hopeless_-_Help__-_Apparently_There_Is_No_Solution__-_Numark_V7.html

geposted Fri 11 Nov 11 @ 2:18 pm
LMFAO ....ok not really. But I was reading and started speaking outloud : ""I have/had the same problem"" , and then I click the link at the bottom and it turns out it was me. Funny.

So Numark just did not get back at me and no one in the forum was able to help me. However, just as random as my problem began with them, it faded away. I made sure my laptop was at the right settings. Before beginning a set, I turn off my bluetooth, Wireless, Integrated webcam, and have my PCs display set to Windows Classic. That improved greatly and it hasn't given me problems every since. I'm not going to say that it solved it because I'm sure it can happen again just as randomly, but for the most part, I got them to function properly. I would how ever like some confirmation about the issue itself to know that I'm up to date. If Numark or anyone else replies to you, please let me know for I am still interested and solving this issue the correct way.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 11 @ 2:47 pm
You're right, that's pretty [not] funny! :P Thanks for the tips, that's pretty much where I am at as well; fresh install of the OS and VDJ, no unnecessary data going in or out, no extra horsepower being consumed, and I still have the issue. Funny enough, at my last gig I had a track playing on the master deck, absolutely nothing else going on (the slave had finished playing and shut off minutes before) and another DJ was bending my ear about how unreliable Numark equipment is, if he had a nickel for every crossfader he's had to replace, etc. etc., and bang, the master deck shuts off; it was just perfect. Next gig I've decided I'm going to try switching the slave deck off and back on after a couple of hours and see if that has any effect, and if not, the following gig I am going to go iPod for a song and do the same to the master; at least that way *I'll* get to decide when it stops for a change. :P

I will let you know if/when I hear back from either Numark or Atomix, but I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that I'm not holding my breath. Phhhht! :)

geposted Mon 14 Nov 11 @ 11:43 am
Hi.

This post is getting pretty old, but had to share my solution to this problem.

As i didn't use the needledrop/strip search very often, I deleted the string in the mappings.
Have not experienced the problem since! :-)

geposted Sun 16 Dec 12 @ 4:06 pm
djrobhan wrote :
Hi.

This post is getting pretty old, but had to share my solution to this problem.

As i didn't use the needledrop/strip search very often, I deleted the string in the mappings.
Have not experienced the problem since! :-)

Interesting, I'll give this a try.

geposted Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 10:24 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ANYONE ELSE DELETE THE NEEDLEDROP SEARCH STRIP AND WHAT WERE THE RESULTS.

jamm

geposted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 3:24 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have an issue with my needle drop strip on the right deck of my NS7. It was sending random singnals as if I was touching it. I ordered a new strip for like $15 but have not tried to put it in yet. Wanted to have a solid back up first. My NS7 gets used 5-7 days every week, and is a few years old now. I deleted the strip search part of the mapper and the unit works fine. I do miss the feature though.

geposted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 3:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)