Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling in recording???

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am having troubles with recording in virtual dj on some tracks not all track only some i am not sure the problem and when i record a transition the crackling sound is quite audible when it is present.

This only happens on some track i record i am using a midi controller to set the pitch reset on my transitions.

I am wondering if this could be any thing i have not set right in performances?

geposted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 10:42 pm
I am finding this is to do with key lock.

when keylock is engaged the crackles start when the pitch is moved and when i disengage keylock and move the pitch nothing happens...

this is when virtual dj has no midi controller or any thing plugged in just when virtual dj is first opened.

geposted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 3:27 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
only in recording? not just mixing around

geposted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 7:18 am
yes this is "definitely" only in recording and nothing else and it is always when i move the pitch slider and key lock is engaged and only keylock not any thing else so i have confined the problem to here

latency could be the issue i am assuming as what my computer is is set on about 100ms latency but even still i am not sure if this is the problem... or any one else experiences this issue with a real good computer and low latency.

thanks for your help.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 1:49 am
to define the problem more i should say it is not just in recording although that is what i am trying to do but

from the moment i open virtual dj press keylock and play a track that does crackle and move the pitch slider the crackle begins this happens all the way until the pitch is at 0 then the crackle always dissapears.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 3:11 am
sorry to any one reading this i thought it might have been the recording but on inspection it does seem to be just simply the keylock which is giving the crackling sound on some of the tracks i have not all tracks but yes some of the tracks when i move the pitch of the track with keylock engaged from 0 pitch.

thanks.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 11:29 am
I posted this thread some time ago, although it does not make much sense and my grammar and syntax sucks I will try to revive it.

I have had this problem for a while now and can not seem to get rid of it. It happens only on some tracks.

Eg. Showtek & Noisecontrollers - Get loose (Tiesto Remix) 130BPM

If I have the pitch set off even by 0.01 I get a crackling sound in the quite areas of the track, with keylock on. With out keylock it is fine or if the pitch is set to 0. This is annoying because it crackles and records with the crackles. I find if I press sync to another track the crackle gets worse.

I have tried everything on the performance tweak page and a lot of other things that might be the cause. I have 2 laptops and it is happening on both PCs, one with XP, one with windows 7.

My better PC is a Intel core2 duo, 8GB ram, 2.3GHz, 64 bit operating system.

In performances I have it set to advanced stretching, quality skin resizing, fast resampling or quality resampling and latency at any rate.

I really can not understanding this.

Any help much appreciated.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 3:27 pm
Crackling is often sound card related. You haven't mentioned what sound card (or controller/interface) you're using.

100ms latency is ridiculously high.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 3:35 pm
Sorry. So I mean when I use DPC latency checker it reads around 100ms. In Virtual DJ I have the latency set to 64 (1ms).

I should have mentioned I use a M-Audio Conectiv soundcard and also the Pioneer DDJ SX and I tested both on two different PCs with latency set to any of the options with the same result. Ie. Both soundcards can handle latency 64 (1ms) without any audible break up or distortion.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 5:14 pm
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Information is a wonderful thing!

It's the opposite way now. 1ms is ridiculously low. Very few computers or interfaces can handle a 1ms latency.

You should be aiming more for around 10ms if you want crackle free performance.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 5:18 pm
Well, even still. If I have it set to any of the other settings eg. 256 (5ms), 512 (11ms) I still get the same crackling result.

Its not really bad but its bad enough to notice and wreck the clarity of the sound.

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 5:27 pm
When you say that DPC is showing you 100ms, are you sure that's milliseconds?

I've just run DPC here and got a result in microseconds.

What does the DPC graph show when you run it? Is it all just at the bottom and green?

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 5:33 pm
I meant microseconds. I didnt consider it could be taken as milliseconds.

I should have said microseconds.

Yes, it is the green bars measured in microseconds as a function of time, but the graph is all good, its in the green with no spikes. This was measured for a good 10 minute period.

Not sure where to go from here?

geposted Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 6:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)