Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing two completely different songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So I've been messing around with V dj and love it. So when creating a set to just mess around with myself, I have a question about how to merge two completely different songs. I was doing a reggae/reggae step set with 4 songs, all about 140 BPM. I want to go from 140 to about 92ish. How would I create a smooth, awesome fade? I want to go into an early 90s rap set next. The first song im transitioning to is Cm at 140 and I want to go to Am at 92. How would I do this? Thanks!

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 7:07 pm
it will never sound good transitioning between such a large gap without effects... if your using just a mouse you would need to buy atleast pro basic, so you can get your hands on the effect plugins available...

then I would probably use "ramp delay" which will echo out a track and kill the input so you are left with only the echo feedback, when it is echoing you can change the bpm of the track with either the pitch slider (although this stresses the keylock too much and makes it grainy) or you can change the bpm of the track in the database so the delay is instantly recalculated with "set_bpm 90"... delay is what dub music's all about afterall ;-)

or you could use ableton to make a transition track it has fantastic stretching for this type of thing...

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:22 pm
I don't know that.

geposted Sat 05 May 12 @ 5:50 am
Well, i guess you could slow the 140 track gradually down to 90 with the key lock, but this will be kinda weird and the audience will probably notice, i mean come on, thats 50bpm youre losing.

However, you could slow it down real quick (in a loop) with or without the key lock and make it super obvious, then the audience will be like wheres he going with this, and then you crack in the rap and hope it starts with acapella lyrics or just drums, then fade out the reggae as soon as the rhythm comes in.

Alternatively you could try this and see if it works with both rhythms, i mean C is actually a chord tone of Am. Of course by Am the track could mean C major, as that's its relative major, but vdj doesnt tell you if its minor or major, only its relative minor, or straight off minor.
If it means C major (youll have no way of knowing unless you try and find the tonic on a piano), and you try this, you might be lucky and the reggae track could only deal with the root and 5th of the chord, meaning the minor 3rd of the Cm rap track (Eb) will find a space of its own. That is of course if the Cm rap track isnt actually the relative major.

Music theory helps.

Although I must say you're pretty bold for attempting this mix

geposted Sat 05 May 12 @ 3:21 pm
Your best bet would to find a song with a good long non-beat instrumental(try trance/goa or experimental/underground stuff for this) that you can loop and play around with the mid's and highs to make it interesting. let that track play some and then use that as a primer or seqway(sp?) to the track you want.

Hope this helps you some.

Bravehawk

geposted Tue 22 May 12 @ 1:17 am
Hi am up coming Deejay but here is what I could do, I will Re-Edit the Bpm of the fastest track from 140 to 90 because this wont affect the pitch of the current playing track and en back to Deck 2 where the incoming track play the track and aligned the CBG's after that click an effect like long brake/backspin and fade into the song faster without delay.

Regards DJ-Laban: hope with that you will make a smooth transition.

geposted Fri 25 May 12 @ 6:48 am
Thanks synthet1c I never knew about the ramp ive been looking for a tape effect for ages lol

Thanks again

geposted Wed 30 May 12 @ 6:47 pm
Hi i am also new to djing and i understand that to mix you must have to different songs matching up with similiar bpm. My first question is beatmatching the same as mixing? And if you are picking songs how do you know which ones will sound good together? Finally how often do you mix a song? Is it to enter into a new song or to mix during another song?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 10:47 pm
Hi i am also new to djing and i understand that to mix you must have to different songs matching up with similiar bpm. My first question is beatmatching the same as mixing? And if you are picking songs how do you know which ones will sound good together? Finally how often do you mix a song? Is it to enter into a new song or to mix during another song?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 10:49 pm
tomobHome userMember since 2013
Hi,
Just wondering if I have a song playing on deck A how do I listen to deck B and mix that without it playing out loud if you know what I mean?

geposted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 12:54 pm

geposted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 2:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)