Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anti tamper (when away from decks).

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jcketPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi there, i have searched high and low through these forums to see if i could find anything regarding being able to lock my Decks when away from them for e.g. at the toilet or having a quick smoke break.

I am a mobile DJ and work a lot for the military providing disco and karaoke every Friday. I was wondering if it at all possible to lock my VDJ/ decks so that regardless of people messing with my Kit (e.g. turning the volume up via my decks) whilst I'm away, so that the songs carry on playing at the same tempo/ volume? (I'm never away more than say 5 mins)

I have Dennon MC 6000 which runs my VDJ on a standard laptop via USB. Therefore, is it even technically possible for such a feature? Like a key shortcut for example?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 1:03 pm
Why not just use the Windows 'lock workstation' feature?

Best solution though is not to leave your post!

I wouldn't expect a singer to leave the stage halfway through a song for a cigarette or the toilet - why should a DJ?

When I have a gig, I prepare beforehand to make sure that I won't need the toilet - I don't drink!

geposted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 1:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To lock your controller (if that works as pure midi device) you could modify the whole mapper like this ..

var '$lock' ? nothing : play

Then assign a keyboard shortcut as .
toggle '$lock'

Press that button on your keyboard and have the break you need :)

An alternative way (only for MIDI), is to disable MIDI devices from Config->Mappers->Mapper options, and enable that again, once you re back. Rescan for midi devices (from the same menu) will be probably necessary.

If your controller is not pure midi (e.g. you run the MC6000 as external mixer), then the above will not work.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 2:32 pm
Ideally you should try prevent people from being able to access and/or mess around with your equipment. They could accidentally damage it or kill the music by pressing the wrong button/knocking a cable, etc.

Perhaps you could get a friend to guard it while you are way. Or if you are in a club/bar, ask the door staff to keep any eye on it until you get back.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 6:38 am
groovindj wrote :

When I have a gig, I prepare beforehand to make sure that I won't need the toilet - I don't drink!

Me too. Sip water only and often survive 6 hour gigs without a break. However, half way through I have to do some leg stretching as they start to seize up lol.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 6:55 am
DJSoulman wrote :
[quote=groovindj]
I have to do some leg stretching as they start to seize up lol.

Mine support me for the duration of the gig. It's when I try to crouch down afterwards (to pack away) that they complain!

geposted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 7:22 am
jcketPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@DJdad, thank you for the tip i will give that a go :D

@the others: Most of my nights start at around 6-7PM and go on until 4-5-6AM. Therefore, i do go for breaks and leave my music on automix for the time im away (1 - 2 songs before I'm back). I obviously know the best solution is not to leave it, but with those hours, its not an option. I'm never more than 30 seconds away and tend to be in view of my kit anyway, but i just wanted something to stop any accidents happening with some dumb squadie (English for: soldier) thinking he is Carl Cox.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 9:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)