Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to: (Auto) Add BPMs to iTunes songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all. I don't see many people eager to know how to do this, but after months of searching, I finally found an easy way to do this. I like to organize my iTunes playlists from genre, then from there have sub-playlists, with the BPMs organized from low-to-high.

beaTunes - http://www.beatunes.com/ This program is compatible with mac and pc. There is a two week free trial, which I must say works with quality. After downloading, all you have to do is open it and drag which playlists and/or songs to the drop box. From there, it automatically detects the beats per minute and adds them to your iTunes program.

I find this program is a lot more helpful then simply playing your songs from the Virtual Dj BPM detector. I hope this helps anyone else that was stuck in the same boat as me. Good luck!

geposted Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 11:01 am
BRADBURNPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Does that improve the sound quality? Whenever I play from Itunes it sounds alot lower than when I play from my hd.

geposted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 9:10 am
No it doesn't improve sound quality. The only way to do that is to purchase a better quality recording of the song.

However, it might apply normalisation to the files, ensuring that the playback level is optimised.

In VirtualDJ, the built-in auto gain will ensure that most songs will normalised to the optimum level, but in some cases you may need to manually adjust using the gain knob.

Make sure that all the music that you intend to play in VirtualDJ is added to your VirtualDJ database and has been analysed - Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20search%20DB.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

geposted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 9:28 am
After using the beatunes to detect BPMs for a while now, I must say it is not 100% accurate. I can also this this applys to the virtual dj BPM detector too. My reasoning for this post in the first place was because I've had and still have issues with BPM detection. Below I have proof that my virtual dj program acts up. I have a strong feeling it is due to the VMS4.1 & apple compatibility.

One of the virtual dj representatives was helping me fix a few configuration issues. I asked him why my VDJ program crashes when not using an advanced audio configuration, and instead using the VMS4.1 as the sound card, and external mixer. He enlightened me with information such as, the VMS4 and VMS4.1 have a few mac compatibility bugs, and to stick with the advanced configuration settings. Anyways, my point for converting to the bug issues was because VDJ is not 100% accurate in the first place.

Here is a picture of my virtual dj showing different BPMs for the EXACT same song. Please look at the song in the red and the song below it in green. I can also ensure that the beatunes and the VDJ BPM analyzer have different BPM responses for multiple songs.

geposted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 9:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)