Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: new DJ, trying to learn scratching

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am new to Djing and I purchased the Mixtrack Pro along with virtual Dj to get started. I am trying to get the scratching/chirping sound that I have seen created by sliding the crossfader from side to side, but i can't seem to get it to work properly. is this a software configuration that I need to change, or is it a hardware limitation?

geposted Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 11:53 pm
I don't recommend abusing the crossfader on a MTP... once it's broke it's broke...

If you can scratch the itch any other way then learn to do flares, they give you 4 sounds for only closing and opening the crossfader, they can be a little hard to pick up but once you have the muscle memory they are cake and sound better than crabs imo as the scratch sound is more defined as you have more control and are moving the fader with purpose..

If you want to learn more here's three words "dj angelo youtube"

geposted Sat 10 Nov 12 @ 1:26 am
Thanks,

At the moment though, I don't seem to be getting any scratch response from the crossfader on the mixtrack pro. It's almost as if there is a setting that is set to inactive.

geposted Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:01 am
djmar9Home userMember since 2012
Have you ever heard about free samples from ****?
They have hip-hop drum beats, complete trance kits, large sounds colletion kits, whatever you want you will find at:
[Link removed]
I really recommend this page

[Moderated: Posting links to commercial sites is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums - Please read the forum rules. Spamming the forums is also not permitted (You have posted this more than once.) DO NOT POST THIS LINK AGAIN OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE LOCKED]

geposted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 4:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)