Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Setting up sound. (speakers)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So I have 4 Mackie Th15A and well I'm not sure if im even getting anything out of them. Half the time I only use two for house partys, but my question is how to properly set them up. I turn off the EQ it has on the back since i already have one on my mixer on my Numark Mixdeck but Im having issues setting up the frequency. im not too familiar with that, other then that level i keep it at 12 o clock and like i said i turn off the EQ . any suggestions?

geposted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 11:09 pm
GeorGee1 wrote :
I'm not sure if im even getting anything out of them.

If you hear music, you're getting something out of them.

GeorGee1 wrote :
Im having issues setting up the frequency

What do you mean? If you've turned off the EQ on the Thumps (which adjusts frequencies) then there is no frequency to set.

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 5:28 am
isn't that just an eq for the speaker itself for example when you plug in an auxiliary and plug an iPod or mic directy to the speaker I turn it off the contour eq when I hook them up to my mixer since I have an eq on my mixer it self . your saying turning off the eq I'm turning off the frequency as well?

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 9:43 pm
GeorGee1 wrote :
isn't that just an eq for the speaker itself

Yes

GeorGee1 wrote :
your saying turning off the eq I'm turning off the frequency as well?

No - I'm trying to work out what on earth you mean by "having issues setting up the frequency". What frequency?

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 2:50 am
Well tthat's wat I'm trying to figure out myself too. on the back of the thump along with the eq knobs there is a frequency knob as well. I usually set it to a certain Hertz when setting up but I'm trying to figure out wat to actually set it to, to get my mackies thumpin right . get wat I'm saying now?

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 11:27 am
I looked at the manual and it says its a mid frequency knob . any idea on wat to do with it?

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 11:31 am
What's all this "wat" business? :-/

Now if you'd said "the frequency knob on the Thumps" then I would've been able to understand you!

OK I'll read the manual for you and try to explain what the letters and words mean....

On page 5 it states:
"MF EQ provides +/-15dB with sweepable frequency from 100Hz to 8kHz"

It also explains in more detail on page 9:
The mid EQ control - "....a midrange EQ control that provides 15dB of boost or cut at any frequency between 100Hz and 8kHz"

The mid freq control - "determines the center frequency for the MID EQ filter" and "allows you to zero in on the precise narrow band of frequencies you want to have affected by the MID EQ"

Now that seems pretty clear to me.

The high and low EQ knobs operate at one fixed frequency. The low works below 80Hz and the high works above 12kHz. This is the same way EQ works on most DJ mixers - you just have boost/cut control.

The mid EQ on the Thumps can be used to boost or cut at different frequencies, which you set by using the frequency control.

So, if you set the freq control all the way to the left, when you turn the mid EQ you'll affect LOW frequency, so it'll be like another low EQ knob that works at 100Hz. If you turn the mid freq to the right, then the mid EQ control will affect high frequencies just like the high EQ.

The best way for you to learn what it does is to play some music and turn the mid EQ up slightly, then twist the mid freq control and you'll hear the music getting louder at different frequencies.

It can be used to help cut down on feedback when using a mic. You'd turn the mid EQ down, then sweep for the frequency that's feeding back, using the mid freq control.

This type of EQ is often used on professional mixing desks. If there was also a Q control then it would be called parametric EQ. The Q control would adjust the width of the frequency band that's affected.

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 1:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)