Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Script Help............

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

On my Mixdeck I use this script to switch deck controls,

action="device_side 'left' ? Deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select" />

Well this does not work on my Mixdeck Quad. I dont like how the default mapping is setup on the eject button. Id rather have decks 1 & 3 on the left side and decks 2 & 4 on the right.

So does the Quad not work the same way or is my script wrong??

geposted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 11:29 am

geposted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 1:17 pm
Anyone???

Doesn't really make sense why it's works on one unit but not the other..........is my script wrong??

geposted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 6:48 pm
Synth, Bob, Phantom, Chris or Scott?? Anyone??

I've been trying all night and unfortunately I don't have another controller to try anything on.

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 11:24 am
Hey Huey, sorry for the late reply, I bought GTA5 the other day and haven't done much of anything else for the past few days lol.

it looks like it should work, but it probably has to do with how chris defined it. Before changing the definition file I would change the mapping to see if that will fix it. Instead of saying 'device_side "left"' use "device side 1".

device_side 1 ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : device_side 2 ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select : nothing.

If that doesn't work I would open the definition and change all the mixer controls to match 3124. an easy way is just to cut out all the mixer controls, paste into a new document and use find and replace to rearrange everything

deck="1" => deck="a"
deck="2" => deck="b"
deck="3" => deck="c"
deck="4" => deck="d"

then change the order by doing the following with find and replace

deck="a" => deck="3"
deck="b" => deck="1"
deck="c" => deck="2"
deck="d" => deck="4"

before you paste it back together change the deck controls in the original definition file

deck="1" => deck="left"
deck="2" => deck="right"
then paste it back together and see what happens, when doing this you should use a good text editor that has undo capabilities. when you have modified the definition keep it open so if you made a mistake you can just undo it as far as you need to.

this is my favorite free text editor that works on mac or the industry standard one for mac is textmate, but it's not free like sublime text and has many more advanced features you will be unlikely to ever use.
http://www.sublimetext.com/3

hopefully it works for you... now back to GTA!

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 12:30 pm
Hey Thanks for the help but thats a little over my head, lol!

Guess Ill just have to keep going through all 4 decks till I get them where I want. Kinda of a weird way to map it Ive always thought as you dont mix deck 2 or 4 on the left side of your controller ........

P.S.
None of the deck controls say if its deck 1 or 2 or left or right........

Chris can you chime in here and give me some help. I do not understand what is going on here with this mapping at all. From the looks of it Im either gonna have to deal with it or remap the controller and add 'left/right' to EVERY single control other then the mixer section which really the only thing I need is the crossfader and the crossfader assign switches, UGH!!

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 12:54 pm
actually thinking about it a little more the deck controller should be ordered 1,2,3,4.. if you go into advanced config you should be able to route the correct output to the correct channel mixer wise. yeah the mapping is a bit weird. Chris has not assigned decks, instead he has given them all individual names. you could use find and replace and use

_1 _2 _3 _4 => _a _b _c _d => _3 _1 _2 _4

...or just cut that part out of the definition if you don't need it for anything but the crossfader.

if that doesn't work you may need to modify your skin xml again with find and replace and make sure you have regular expressions activated.

find => replace

deck(="|\s?)1 => deck$1a
deck(="|\s?)2 => deck$1b
deck(="|\s?)3 => deck$1c
deck(="|\s?)4 => deck$1d
deck(="|\s?)a => deck$13
deck(="|\s?)b => deck$11
deck(="|\s?)c => deck$12
deck(="|\s?)d => deck$14

it looks complicated but really it's not. all those statements are doing are checking for the word "deck" then in the brackets you have two options, the first is =" the second is spacebar or no spaces then the number. essentially for the first in the list you are looking for the following words in your document.

deck="1"
deck 1
deck1

Then on the replace anything found within the brackets will be saved and can be reused by using $1. You probably don't need to know that but I just like talking about nerdy stuff to solidify my knowlege. all you really have to do is paste the right bit in the right box. by the way => is an arrow representing what you should change it to, don't put that in any searches just deck(="|/s?)1.

P.S. make sure you use "replace all" otherwise you will need to press the replace button a couple of hundred times.

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 1:56 pm
Really I have to do all that just to get the left deck to switch to deck 3 from deck 1 and then switch from deck 2 to deck 4 on the right side??

If so then this is obviously a problem that others will have as well cause like I said you don't mix deck 2 or 4 on the left side so I shouldn't have to even see them appear on the left side.......

I totally appreciate what your doing bro but I don't think any user should have to go through this when the mapping doesn't even make sense in the first place, lol!! I sent Chris an email with a link to this thread so hopefully he'll swing through here soon......

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 2:24 pm
sorry I forgot to add that bit... you need to change the logic from decks 1,3 & 2,4

decvice_side 'left' ? deck 2 leftdeck ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 leftdeck : deck 3 rightdeck ? deck 4 leftdeck : deck 3 leftdeck

you can add in the "deck # select" if you want it to match your old mapping, but that should change the left and right decks without needing to route anything in advanced config, but your scratch skin won't match the layout of your controller anymore that's why you would have to use the 8 regular expressions above with find and replace. Either way you will need to modify some piece of the mapping/definition/skin to get it to work like it should. I don't know why anyone would ever make a controller with a 1,2,3,4 layout

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 2:46 pm
Well looks like I'm gonna have to remap the decks, ugh!! This really does suck........

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 3:52 pm
just use find and replace or [ctrl/cmd] + [h] it should only take 10 minutes to do, if you haven't done it by tomorrow i'll do it for you ;-) but i'll give you the chance to do it first.

geposted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 4:10 pm
djnan2PRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 17 Nov 13 @ 7:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)