Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping issues on crossfader?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Numark Mixdeck Quad
Virtual Dj Pro 7.4

Everything is working fine when i start a mix, i can here the next tune on the headphones on deck 2 then as soon as i bring the crossfader over to mix and move the crossfader back to deck 1 to mix back out, Deck 2 stops working in my headphones unless i keep the crossfader on deck 2
Would that be a mapping issue with the crossfader and headphone selection on deck 2?

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 8:33 am
go into config --> options --> auto headphones = never. That should fix the problem, but remember you will need to manually change the selected deck in the future if you change this option, A better way is to increase the headphone mix level so you are always playing the master, but will have emphases on the selected deck.

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 11:24 am
not sure what you mean about manualy changing?
is that mean using (cuemix) toggle cue to pgm
will i still be able to listen to the next tune for cueing up and beat matching?

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 12:05 pm
It just means that you need to press the pfl button on your controller to change the deck you will hear in the headphones.

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 12:48 pm

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 1:34 pm
You've already been given the solution!

I can see from your silent movie that in your config options you have auto headphones enabled. That's your problem. If you want to select cue yourself from the mixer then turn off auto headphones.

I would recommend reading the manuals for both VDJ and the Mixdeck Quad so you know how to use them...

geposted Sun 06 Oct 13 @ 1:50 pm
that sulution does not work auto head phone is now disabled and it stii does it
im sick of reading manuals, spent a full week trying to sort this out

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 4:39 am
what is the mapping on the crossfader?

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 4:57 am
If you are using the MixDeck Quad in hardware mixer (Outputs: External Mixer) mode, then VirtualDJ's on-screen software crossfader must be in the middle, otherwise the sound of the other deck will be faded out by VirtualDJ in its internal software mixer before it reaches the external audio mixer of the MixDeck, preventing you from pre-listening to it.

If you find that moving the crossfader on the MixDeck Quad also moves the audio crossfader in VirtualDJ then simply set Crossfader to Disabled in CONFIG -> Options or change its mapping to nothing.

NOTE: The MixDeck Quad mapping in VirtualDJ is intended by default to be used in software mixer mode to allow 4 deck mixing (See MixDeck Quad for details on how to correctly configure it for software mixer mode.)

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 5:15 am
Ok ill will try that cheers
Will i still be able to record my set or will i need to record through mic input and use windows recording?

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 5:39 am
Support staff wrote :
in hardware mixer mode, then VirtualDJ's on-screen software crossfader must be in the middle, otherwise the sound of the other deck will be faded out by VirtualDJ in its internal software mixer before it reaches the external audio mixer of the MixDeck, preventing you from pre-listening to it.

Really? Surely that shouldn't happen, because (when set to external mixer) the output of each deck should be sent directly to a separate soundcard channel - before the signal reaches the crossfader.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 5:41 am
DJGI4O wrote :
Will i still be able to record my set

Think about it for a sec: If you're using an external mixer, but recording in VDJ (before the sound has got to the mixer) then the recording will contain the tracks you played in VDJ - directly. Not the result of whatever actions you performed on the external mixer.

You may however be able to set up a recording loopback using advanced mode - if the Mixdeck has a suitable output. Check the manual.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 5:48 am
groovindj wrote :
Really? Surely that shouldn't happen, because (when set to external mixer) the output of each deck should be sent directly to a separate soundcard channel - before the signal reaches the crossfader.

Yes, if you move the on-screen software audio crossfader over to deck 1 then deck 2 will no-longer output any sound because you have faded it out within VirtualDJ's internal software mixer. There will be no output on the sound card for deck 2 and you won't be able to headphone pre-listen from the external mixer. See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MIDI%20mapping%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

The same also applies if you move the software volume fader for the deck down to zero.

DJGI4O wrote :
Will i still be able to record my set

In software mixing mode it will record exactly what you hear on the software master output. However, it won't record any external sources that you use (CD players, vinyl, etc.) and will also not record the mic if it's hardware-based, which given that the MixDeck Quad has a real hardware mixer is probably the case.

In external mixer mode, as above you will need to use record loop back or external recording software and a cable linked to the line input of your computer's sound card, otherwise you will hear your pre-listening (Cueing) in the recording and the mic will also not be recorded if it's hardware-based. See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 5:55 am
THANKS ALL..
i have disabled the crossfader and its working a treat!

as for recording hmmm. if i use advance settings and record loopback using my mic input and laptop soundcard
will i be able to still use the same audio setting as before?

sorry im new to this new style of djing using software and computers
back in the good old days i was using reccords and tape recorders :)

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 3:08 pm
Tape recorders have been replaced now by solid state portable digital audio recorders.

Very useful things to have, as not only can you record straight from the rec out of a mixer, but you can use 'em to record almost anywhere as most are battery powered and have onboard mics.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 4:53 pm
Hi, appologies if this has been answered or if im being dim. after alot of messing around i now have the numark mixdeck quad working with vdj (latest version) however i can only get deck 1 on vdj to come out of ch1 on the mixdeck and deck 2 out of ch2, the way the quad is set up its far easier if i can get deck 1 to work on ch2 and deck 2 to work on ch3 (the 2 centre chanels) this then means i can use cd on ch1 & 4, other wise you have to keep toggleing between midi and usb. also what are the optimum setting onder sound card performance. (latency etc). thanks

geposted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 12:04 pm

geposted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 12:57 pm
Hi fellow djs.
There's a map setting for the crossfader whereby, one button bangs it from one deck to the other and when released it goes back to the initial deck. Hope you understand what I mean. What is the script mapping for that crossfader effect? Say for instance, I want to map D in such a way that when I press it when the crossfader is at 100% on deck 2, the crossfader crosses to deck 1 at 0% and when I release it, it goes back to deck 2 100% automatically. I used to know how to set this but totally forgotten. Help.

geposted Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 10:43 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)