Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS.1D platter is turning a bit slow

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I recently picked up a Stanton SCS.1D controller. It was used for a demo, but apparently unused other than that. That said, it appears to have been on the shelf since 2009, but has had the firmware updated.

Everything seems to work perfect, other than the platter seems to be running just a little slow. Hence, when in vinyl mode, the track will play maybe about 90% of the correct speed, and there will be a slight "warble" to the sound. I put a piece of green tape on the outside of the metal platter lined up with the "Stanton" on the center of the record, to check to make sure the vinyl on the slip mat was tracking with the platter (not slipping)... and it tracked just fine with the platter, so it seems the platter is either running a bit slow, or there is an issue between the speed vdj expects the platter to move, and the speed it is actually moving.

Everything else works. If I take it out of vinyl mode, the track plays exactly as it should. All of the buttons respond just fine. All the scribble pads seem to be functional, though honestly that wouldn't have been a deal breaker. The only issue here, is the platter speed it seems. I am going to try to post in the Stanton forum obviously, but there seems to be a wait before I can post (newly registered) and since I am using it with VDJ, I thought I would try it here...

The unit looks brand new, in original packaging. Even the cables were still in sealed bags. So I am hoping it is just something I have missed in a setting or something. Given the shelf life, I am going to try to set it up tonight, and just let it run for a while. Maybe it need to loosen up.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for any input :)

geposted Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 5:28 pm
Hey User,
You may have to contact stanton.
If you purchased the unit from an actual authorized dealer than you are entitled to a warrenty.
I picked up a Spare deck about a month or so ago. (from my understanding these units have been or will be discontinued is why i bought one as a spare.)
It was actually new. Never demoed etc. from an authorized dealer.
I have yet to ship my unit back to the manufacture but I have been busy and haven't had the time to make it to the post master.
(you could have a defective unit like the new one I just purchased)

If not make sure your pitch control is zeroed out or the led is red in its respectable area. a slight nudge off course could very well be the cause of your issue.

Hope that helps.

Truly,

Mikey

sleeperawaken wrote :
Hello,

I recently picked up a Stanton SCS.1D controller. It was used for a demo, but apparently unused other than that. That said, it appears to have been on the shelf since 2009, but has had the firmware updated.

Everything seems to work perfect, other than the platter seems to be running just a little slow. Hence, when in vinyl mode, the track will play maybe about 90% of the correct speed, and there will be a slight "warble" to the sound. I put a piece of green tape on the outside of the metal platter lined up with the "Stanton" on the center of the record, to check to make sure the vinyl on the slip mat was tracking with the platter (not slipping)... and it tracked just fine with the platter, so it seems the platter is either running a bit slow, or there is an issue between the speed vdj expects the platter to move, and the speed it is actually moving.

Everything else works. If I take it out of vinyl mode, the track plays exactly as it should. All of the buttons respond just fine. All the scribble pads seem to be functional, though honestly that wouldn't have been a deal breaker. The only issue here, is the platter speed it seems. I am going to try to post in the Stanton forum obviously, but there seems to be a wait before I can post (newly registered) and since I am using it with VDJ, I thought I would try it here...

The unit looks brand new, in original packaging. Even the cables were still in sealed bags. So I am hoping it is just something I have missed in a setting or something. Given the shelf life, I am going to try to set it up tonight, and just let it run for a while. Maybe it need to loosen up.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for any input :)

geposted Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 1:09 pm
I think I found a solution for this problem, I can replicate the problem exactlyhas described above; so try this: open Darouter; open Traktor load a track on a deck and change Tempo Range to 50%; and set pitch fader -50%; close traktor,you can leave darouter open; open VDJ and load a track,it will happen has in djthundermusic videos,the track will play very slow,this can be a bug,like the last message out to spin the platter..dont know...
so quit VDJ,open darouter, reset the preset TP2 and exit daRouter,open VDJ again and check the platter spinning OK .
hope it helps,give me a feedback!

If the problem is a "warbly scratch release", try removing the vynil and slipmat and check if the plastic center,turns ok,if you feel like it gets stuck on the rotations,like I did,you will need to oil lubrificate, it is very easy DIY fix,just use 2 small screwdrivers,like the little ones for clock watches,to unscrew the screw in the middle of the vinyl.then remove the plastic center,clean it underneath, and there should be another black piece left on the screw hole,remove it and apply some oil lubricant on it, I used a silicone based oil spray,I dont recommend using WD40,because it leaves residues.
I can post photos/videos ,for both fixes, just request.
Regards

geposted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 5:03 am
If the problem is a "warbly scratch release", try removing the vynil and slipmat and check if the plastic center,turns ok,if you feel like it gets stuck on the rotations,like I did,you will need to oil lubrificate, it is very easy DIY fix,just use 2 small screwdrivers,like the little ones for clock watches,to unscrew the screw in the middle of the vinyl.then remove the plastic center,clean it underneath, and there should be another black piece left on the screw hole,remove it and apply some oil lubricant on it, I used a silicone based oil spray,I dont recommend using WD40,because it leaves residues.

with this fix spinning forward got much better as well,before this fix to cue/spin forward I had to give a little nudge backward, then start spinning forward to search the cue point.

geposted Sat 08 Mar 14 @ 4:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)