Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New "DJ" On the block !!!!! (Need Tips)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello fellas.
I'm fairly new to DJ'ing so I installed Virtual DJ to kind of get the idea of what is like to mix songs. After a month of use I'm starting to learn how to beatmatch, sync without pressing the sync button, how to pre cue, etc....All that without having a real DJ equipment like some turntables or something like that lol. The reason I joined this community, is to get help from amazing djs like you guys/girls instead of my friends saying "it sounds really good" to all the mixes I do (or try to do). Already made my own samples and I think I'm ready to buy equipment to get more in dept in the DJ community.

Lately I've started to mix music and posting it on the internet....would be lovely if you guys give me your opinions on these mixes.
http://www.mixcloud.com/mrsmoothj/

geposted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 11:54 pm
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Just had a quick listen,

(Good overall)

Gotta run out for a bit will give you some feedback in the next 24 hours or so.....

geposted Wed 27 Nov 13 @ 2:58 am
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Ok I'm back,

I'm assuming that you're strictly using virtual DJ software as your mixing tool. Good job on making these mixes without the hardware, I don't have the stomach for PC mixing. Having said that though, once you get some hardware, you'll never look back.

With submitting mixes, especially really long ones (2 hours plus), a lot of people won't have the time to sit down and listen for that amount of time and give you the feedback you need. It really helps if you provide the track list along with the time when the transitions are being made, that way guys that are checking your stuff out can quickly find those transitions.

One thing I have found with submitting mixes is that you won't much feedback from many people, although once you start building some relationships on forums you will get some guys that will take the time to give you some quality feedback.

On to your mix(s),
Firstly you're a braver man than me attempting to mix hip hop/rap and pop, short tracks, fast transitions and loads of vocals is pretty challenging. So in offering you some info on your mixes I would say that you're nailing the majority of transitions in regards to beat matching, there were a couple that were a little bit out. I think the biggest challenge is avoiding vocal clashes, this is where loops etc can really help. But I'm really only quoting theory more than practice as I don't mix these genres.

I think you're on the right track, you just need to get the gear you need and soak up some knowledge from other DJ's and you'll be smashing it.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 13 @ 5:48 am
Thanks for the amazing feedbacks !!! Ill look foward to check your work as well ... I try my best to listen to what any other dj has to say...thank you very much

geposted Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 9:49 pm
Im pretty new myself to VDJ, and i use it the same way you do. however, im not nearly brave enough yet to venture outside my genre (trance, house, etc). but from what i heard you do very awesome work!

geposted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 8:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)