Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ'ing different genres of music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So I've got my first gig after a year and a half of practice, and the club owner wants the following for next Thursday: Rap/Hip hop/top 40/house and EDM. I can mix all those types of music, but the problem I'm having is going from those slow rap and hip hop (70 bpm to 100 bpm) to house and EDM music (128 to 140 bpm). Are there any other techniques or transitions I could use besides just slamming in a different track of a higher bpm? Thank you so much in advance and I would REALLY appreciate any tips or info.

geposted Fri 29 Nov 13 @ 11:06 pm
Read the first two (pinned) topics in this forum section.

geposted Sat 30 Nov 13 @ 5:12 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
#1) You don't have to beat match every song all night.

#2) When switching genres, just do a radio blend. Slowly volume down one track, while bringing up the other. Again, don't worry about constant beat matching.

#3) In a crowded room, it's more about programing than mixing. Keep your eyes on the crowd. Even if they aren't dancing, are they singing along? Are they tapping their toes?

#4) The later the evening gets, the more you'll be asked to jump around, genre wise. Don't sweat trying to build up, or down, the BMPs.

Good luck

geposted Sat 30 Nov 13 @ 11:54 am
Samples are also a valid option. Like tear said, and what I just started to learn, the club for me last week was so packed I could barely hear the music without a booth speaker lol. I could have probably just dropped the songs all night without many noticing what was going on.

geposted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 12:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)