Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Live Sound?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello, I dont know where i would put this but im going to ask this here. I have phonic powerpod 410/s710 pa package. I like it alot, i feel as if im lacking the bass. I am buying a subwoofer (bose b1 bass module) and i am wanting to know how i would route it and make it work. any feedback would help Thanks

geposted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 7:13 pm
If you feel you're lacking bass then a Bose B1 is not the thing to add!

You should be looking at a 12", 15" or even 18" subwoofer. Low frequencies need to move air, and you can't do that with small drivers.

Mind you, considering your speakers are only 40W each, you'd probably be better off with a domestic hifi sub or a PC sub.

geposted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 7:27 pm
Any mobile DJ have any experience with Electro Voice SB 122? I am looking for some new light subs and those seem very interesting to me.

geposted Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 11:25 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When purchasing a sub, here in the states, you can go to Guitar Center and they give a recommended number of people it is good for. Mind you, it's only a guideline, there can be other factors to consider, room size, floor material, etc. It does help to know, roughly, what size crowd you intend to use any sound system for.

geposted Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 7:05 pm
My current sound systems for mobile gigs is this:
Behringer B1220 12" two way passive speakers with upgraded low-mid drivers and stock tweeters/horn, B1220 Pro crossover (handles a bit more power)
Yorkville LS200P 10" horn loaded powered subwoofer
Amps and processing are a Peavey CS2000 500 watt for my mid-hi amps, and processing is provided by an ART rackmount analog crossover and a graphic EQ, all mounted within a rolling 4 space rack. Output from my Denon DN-X120 goes direct into the EQ via XLR, out to the processor, and mid-hi outs go into the amp and out to the speakers via a 4 pole Speakon cable, low outs (turned over at around 105hz) go XLR to 1/4" TRS balanced line out into the sub.
Tracks I use to tune my PA are The Time (Dirty Bit) - BEP, Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead - XTC, Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin' (So Pure Guitar Remix), Xaviera Gold - Bad Girls (good range of rock and four on the floor kick with lots of tight, punchy low end).

These days, you're better off running a pair of 15" powered speakers direct out from your controller or mixer. Most mobile DJs I know usually go with EV ZLX15s...usually around $1000/pair, get a pair of good tripod stands and you're set to go. If you want to really splurge, I recommend QSC K12's with a pair of 18" QSC KW181's...used those to mix FOH for band gigs on consoles ranging from a 16 channel Allen & Heath all the way up to a 32 channel LS9 and they kick ass in the right room. Added bonus is you can use them as monitors too.

geposted Sat 26 Mar 16 @ 4:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)