Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help for an aspiring hip-hop artist?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, so I've been listening to hip-hop for the past 4 years or so and I feel it's finally time to start producing my own music. To clarify, I listen to very few artists who still produce today, listening more to 80's and 90's hip-hop, before it went downhill. I've been pretty good at MCing for a while cause I was always good at poetry but I'm having some trouble with the DJing aspect to it. I downloaded VDJ about a week ago and I have been having a lot of fun messing around with it, but not a lot of success with making my own beats. I have a lot of samples I can use but I'm missing a way to make the central beats. If anyone has some audio files of single or combination drum beats that I can just mix in different rhythms, I would really appreciate if you could give them to me somehow. The music that I am producing with VDJ will not be for commercial use, as I will offer my entire 1st album for free, internet-wide. Even if you don't have any drumbeats, I would appreciate any tips on DJing, as I am still pretty new to it (I have already read the tips on the starting page).

geposted Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 11:17 pm
For making beats, Virtual DJ is the wrong starting place.

You don't need DJ software, you need production software.

The common term these days is DAW (digital audio workstation).

Many DAWs are supplied with a library of sounds you can use. Ableton Live Intro for example is under $80 and includes over 700 sounds (4GB).

There are others of course - you can Google to find out more.

Alternatively if you have an iPad or similar, there are lots of apps (free or cheap) that can be used for beat making.

geposted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 5:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)