Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Adavnced configuration

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone explain how to configure 2cdj900s , and a DJM 400 please. I am trying to record a mix and have been through various different configs. After recording a mix, on playback the sound quality is terrible,and through advice from the forum,its been established that it is being recorded via the microphone. I have tried disabling this in the laptops sound card settings without success. Do I require seperate recording software, or do I require to connect from the line in (earphone socket), to the mixer?

Thanks for any help given

Cheers Gaz

geposted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 11:51 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can you post a picture of your sound config or list out the settings here?

geposted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 1:47 am
because you're using an external mixer you need to send the master or record out of the mixer back into a recording software. You can use VDJ for this, but you need another sound input to your computer, your internal soundcard will be fine if you buy a dual rca to 1/8 inch headphone cable like you might have for an mp3 player. Once you have all that, go into the advanced sound config and set the record loopback to the internal soundcard and the outputs to your cdj's, then use the mixer as normal.

The other option is to make the mixer only send midi and use the internal mixer of VDJ then it will record everything. The one thing that this method relies on is that the mixer has an auxiliary input and you can disable the mixer. I don't have a djm 400 nor have I ever used one, but I think you will find that the midi in most mixers is supplemental to the mixer so you probably can't disable the mixer and use it as a pure midi controller. The one exception I can think of off the top of my head is the behringer DDM-4000.

geposted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 2:01 am
The DJM400 appears to be an analog mixer, no midi.
I ask about the sound config because I assume he's using each of the CDJ's as sound cards for each deck to the mixer. I've had issues when using my CDJ400 along with my internal laptop sound card, I would get popping after a short time period. I wanted to see if he was using the ASIO drivers or the WDM drivers. If I used the WDM drivers for the CDJ and no other cards, it would pop after an hour of play. If I used just ASIO, it would run fine all day. If I tried mixing either with another sound card, including the internal or another external, it would pop.

If you are overdriving the mic in on the laptop, you will also have issues. The pioneer will have a high signal output, maybe even too high for the line in that is looking for consumer level input at -10db or less. This may also be your issue.

A program like Audacity can show you the input level while recording. Also, the windows sound mixer will show the incoming level.

geposted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 2:12 am
Hi guys. My connections are as follows; I have 2 CDJ 900s linked to my laptop, and my DJM 400 connected to the CDJs, and my surround sound using RCA cables. My configuration in VDJ was as follows;

Inputs - none

Outputs - external mixer

Sound Card - Asio Driver

The above settings works fine when using the CDJs and the mixer, however when recording a mix, cueing and earphone mixing comes across on playback. I tried a different setting when recording, however it recorded it with the microphone, therefore the sound was terrible. I just would like to know the correct configurations,if available, or if I require an external recording device?

Cheers Gaz

geposted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 3:58 am
You should run a cable from your mixer's booth/rec out back to your laptop's built-in soundcard.
Then you should Use Advanced Audio Configuration to set a "Record Loopback" device.
Finally you should pay attention to your recording levels.

geposted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 7:03 am
Guys, ive tried many configurations, and have downloaded Audacity, however my laptop doesnt have a line out, only an earphone and mic port, therefore do I require to purchase a USB interface to connect to the mixer and the laptop? cheers guys

geposted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 5:52 am
IMO you'd be better off buying yourself a solid state digital audio recorder. They don't cost much and you can then record straight from the "rec out" of any mixer into the recorder as MP3, WAV etc.

That way you can still record even if you're doing a guest spot somewhere with CD players etc.

geposted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 7:53 am
groovindj wrote :
IMO you'd be better off buying yourself a solid state digital audio recorder. They don't cost much and you can then record straight from the "rec out" of any mixer into the recorder as MP3, WAV etc.

That way you can still record even if you're doing a guest spot somewhere with CD players etc.

I started with using a PC to record. I messed up when closing up after the gig and didn't wait for the file to finish saving before shutting down the laptop. It was a very long recording and I thought the computer froze. Lost the whole recording. That caused me to go to stand alone recorders. My first was a Tascam DR-08, great little recorder. It could not take the high level output of my Mackie mixer, so I had to build an antennuator for it. Next was a Tascam 788 that I currently use.

I agree that the stand alone is the best option if your doing a lot of recording in different environments. If your just in a studio or bedroom, the PC is just fine.

geposted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 4:24 pm
Thanks for the advice guys. The main reason for recording mixes was to upload them onto soundcloud/mixcloud etc, I assume these stand alone recorders can be connected to a pc to be uploaded?

geposted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 1:19 pm
Broxikid74 wrote :
Thanks for the advice guys. The main reason for recording mixes was to upload them onto soundcloud/mixcloud etc, I assume these stand alone recorders can be connected to a pc to be uploaded?

My hand held recorder has a USB port and an SD card. It can record in different WAV and MP3 formats as can most. My 788 is older, it records to it's built in hard drive. I then have to either export out to a CD via WAV or use the digital out on the recorder to a digital in on a PC. It is an older recorder tho. Newer ones will have better options.

geposted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 1:30 pm
Broxikid74 wrote :
Guys, ive tried many configurations, and have downloaded Audacity, however my laptop doesnt have a line out, only an earphone and mic port, therefore do I require to purchase a USB interface to connect to the mixer and the laptop? cheers guys

I thought the headphone was an output, and mic an input. Did I miss something?

geposted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 3:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)