Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Laptop to USB mixer to Mixing station

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ryfreshControlleristMember since 2016
Hello,

I am a "newbie" and have VirtualDJ on my Laptop and I am looking to buy a mixer that connects to my Laptop by USB and then connects to my HomeMix DJ Mixing Station which is basically a mixer with two aux inputs on either side with CDs and external speakers.
So what I am trying to ask is to be able to control virtual DJ using a physical mixer which has two outputs for each side of my Mixing Station.

I'm not very good at explaining things but thanks for your help in advance.
Ryan.

geposted Thu 08 May 14 @ 4:07 pm
You don't give the order of price

geposted Fri 09 May 14 @ 2:45 am

geposted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:37 am
djryry15 wrote :
Hello,

I am a "newbie" and have VirtualDJ on my Laptop and I am looking to buy a mixer that connects to my Laptop by USB and then connects to my HomeMix DJ Mixing Station which is basically a mixer with two aux inputs on either side with CDs and external speakers.
So what I am trying to ask is to be able to control virtual DJ using a physical mixer which has two outputs for each side of my Mixing Station.

I'm not very good at explaining things but thanks for your help in advance.
Ryan.

I had never heard of this but I saw it on Google.... No problem.

You can use this as the media player between VDJ on the computer and the Mixing Station, which is basically just dual CD players.

First you'll need the Pro version of VDJ as its the only one with full Midi support. Next you'll need an external two channel sound card. A Behringer U Control UCA222 which goes for about $30 in America I would assume around the same in the UK.

You will plug the output of the Mix Station into the inputs of the USB sound card and the outputs will go out to some external speakers.

Next you will download and burn the time code for VDJ to some blank CD-R's.

This is the same process as using time coded vinyl. You're only using the HomeMix as a control surface, any cues will have to go through the software, the time codes are only providing a single that the CD players recognize as music/sound.

Personally I think the added complication is not needed. You're best bet is rip your CD's onto a hard drive, flash drive, usb hard drive, whatever and use a controller.

There plenty of good controllers that will control VDJ out of the box. If you're trying to keep the price down, the Gemini First Mix Pro works well and has basic features, you could likely reuse the speakers that came with your HomeMix, assuming they are self-powered.

geposted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:04 am
DJECoast wrote :
First, welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you either need a MIDI capable mixer or just buy a MIDI controller.
Have a look here to see the full line up of supported hardware - - - - http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

That list needs to be updated something bad...

No Gemini First Mix, GV2 or GV4

No Hercules RMX2

No Pioneer WeGo or WeGo2

No ADJ Versadeck either

geposted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:22 am
Quoting from the text on that page:

"You will find below a small list"

"if you don't find what you need here, keep in mind that VirtualDJ Pro Full is compatible with many other controllers, mixers, etc. on the market."

In other words, it's not the full line up.

Here's the main list:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

geposted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)