Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help ! I do not want a smooth crossfade !

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

skiiizoHome userMember since 2011
Hello everybody,

I'm using a very old version of VDJ and being musician, I use VDJ to launch my MP3s tracks while I play. I'm used to a easy way of mixing, while a deck is playing, I load another song while I sing and to jump to the second deck I hit the Alt + Space bar key on the keyboard and the slider jumps to the second deck without a smooth or whatever crossfade, because I want to launch the second song immediately. In the VDJ 8 version I'm getting mad, I cannot find the way to do a direct crossfade ! It always goes smoothly, and I do not know how to make this to go direct !

Please if someone knows the answer I'll be grateful forever !

Thanks

Michel

geposted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:14 pm
I think you want the xfader set to Cut. Image below.

geposted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:41 am
Blimey, that's an old build Mr Bennett!

geposted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 9:38 am
Is not the laptop I play with, installed it a while back so I can look up things and answer questions.
I'll make sure to get updated. :) Hopefully I haven't given someone bad information.

geposted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 11:07 am
Thank you for your help, but I already tried this, I chose the cut option and still, when I do the alt+space bar it goes from one deck to the other smoothly.
I do not know what to do...

geposted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:14 am
Which version (exactly) is the "very old" version of VDJ you're using?

I just tried with VDJ 7 and it works the same way as VDJ 8. The keyboard command is the same "mix_now" and the crossfader moves gradually across.

geposted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:39 am
Hi,

I do not want the crossfader to move gradually, I want it to go boom, direct...

geposted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 4:10 pm
I know. You told us.

I'm asking which old version you have, because it's not like that in version 7 so it must be older.

geposted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)