Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 and American Audio VMS4.1 Soundcard

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

When I try to use my VMS4.1 sound card with VDJ8, I get an error that says "Failed to initialize device".. If I run VDJ7 all is good... I just can't seem to get anything from VDJ8. Any ideas???

joe...

geposted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:10 pm
Ok... I seem to have it working but instead of deck1 being out 1/2 I had to assign it to 3/4 and deck2 to 5/6... this seems to be working except for deck 2 slider control does not function correctly. What happens is when I move the slider all the way to the right (for deck 2) the sound cuts out. So as I move the slider from side to side, it gets louder to the middle and then starts to cut out.

joe...

geposted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 3:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the crossfader is in the middle position, and you can control each Channel properly using the Volume faders of the VMS4, then your issue is probably with the CF A and CF B which need to be properly adjusted (front switchers)

geposted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 6:38 pm
I did mess with the front switches and I think they are set correctly. For deck 1, the slider works correctly.... so when its all the way to left all I have deck 1 at full volume and once it gets past the middle location, the volume slowly goes down to nothing. However, on deck 2, when the slider is all the way to the right, I get no volume however, as I slide it to the left, the volume gradually increases till its in the middle position and then as I keep going let, the volume dissipates till it's gone. So, deck1, all good... deck2... not so good. My VMS4.1 setup works perfectly as is with VDJ7 except when I choose my channels with VDJ7, I can select out1/2 for deck1 and 3/4 for deck2.... I cannot figure out why VDJ8 only works deck1 3/4 and deck2 5/6.

joe...

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 9:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe go to the settings - options and change the "mixerOrder" from 1234 to 3124 (or vice versa)

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 11:04 am
Ok.. I seem to have things working... Once I chose the ASIO driver and not the VMS4 driver, I was able to assign out 1/2 to deck1 and 3/4 to deck2... Also, my crossfader issue is no longer a problem. I saw in another post that if I touch the fader via the PC, then things go weird... so today when I was testing things, I made sure not to touch it... so, as of now, it seems these issues are resolved for me... I am going to give this all another try again tomorrow to see if things "still" work.. thanks everyone for their input.

joe...

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)