Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Low, and High knob sound problem.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this is an issue, but whenever I play some music on Virtual Dj I always turn the High, and Low knobs in the mixer tab, I am currently running Virtual Dj 8. After I turn the bass up (Low), and the High it sounds wierd like, The sound is changing from left speakers to right speakers, and every time the bass drops the voice fades, then coming back once there is no bass. It used to not do this, I do the same on Mixxx and it works perfectly. I do it on Djay with mac and it also works fine. I went to settings>Options>Audio>ExclusiveAudioAccess and changed it to yes, after that It was still doing it so can someone tell me how to fix this maybe? My audio driver is also okay so I know that is not the problem because it works with Mixxx.

Thank you.

geposted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 6:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is the limiter engaging? If you don't know what that is, are the Master output bars red lining?

geposted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 7:11 pm
Yes, they light up red, I lowered the master volume and it is still doing it.

geposted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Lower the gains on the tracks, set auto gain to 0.75 read about Djing and headroom.

geposted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 1:42 am
Agreed. Learn the basics of how to operate a DJ mixer, setting levels and EQ etc.

You shouldn't need to turn up the low and high on every track.

Presumably you're doing this because "it sounds better", but it's more likely a limitation of whatever you're listing on (speakers, headphones...) which is causing you to think it's not good enough. Solution - listen on better equipment.

If you can't hear what the music really sounds like and you're using EQ to compensate........when your mix is played back on other equipment it'll sound awful.

Rather than turning things up (which boosts output levels and causes problems), try cutting the parts you don't need - i.e. instead of boosting low and high, cut the mid. It will give the same EQ balance to the track but you won't be overloading anything.

geposted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 6:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)