Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Mix Lab VDJ 8 - Page: 4
McDoc71PRO InfinityMember since 2017
NoRRieRoos wrote :
I would like to know how i config my pitch to not have a so fast changing of bpm

I think we're asking the same question but no one has yet figured out exactly what we're asking.

Specifically on the MixLab skin - beside the pitch / tempo slider - there are 3 side buttons for "bumping" the tempo slightly. It acts differently than the "+/-" bend buttons because these "bumps" adjust the tempo permanently.

On my VDJ 6 setup with Mixlab - it took 2 bumps to go one 1BPM.

I have a Brand New Laptop where I loaded up VDJ 8 - but the bumps go up about 5BPM - so I CAN'T USE THIS NEW LAPTOP to DJ until I find the answer on how to adjust the "bump" back down to 1/2 a bpm . . . .

Trying to figure out how to adjust the BPM "bump" buttons. I know they are in the MixLab3 skin - not sure if they are in other skins.

I'm not talking about the temporary +/- "bend" at the bottom of the BPM slider . . . but rather on my MixLab skin - there are 3 small buttons off to the side of the BPM slider where the middle one brings the track slowly back to its natural BPM and is labeled "BPM Reset" - but the top or bottom "bump" the tempo slightly into a permanent new BPM to edge it up or down slightly.

Well - slightly is the problem . . . in my older version of VDJ (6) it would "bump" the tempo up or down by 1/2 a beat . . . but in VDJ8 - it moves it like 5 bpm at a time. I want to figure out how to set the value of the "bump" to a much smaller %.

Thank you in Advance for your help.

geposted Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 6:54 am
I've just had a quick look at this for you...

The original skin code was: <button action="pitch" value="-3" chan="1">
The updated code is: <button action="pitch -3" deck="1">

....so you can see that nothing has been changed, as far as the value goes.

However, there does appear to be a different effect on the pitch between the two versions (original skin and updated skin) when run on VDJ 8. Obviously this is not down to the skin or the code in the skin, but in the way VDJ 8 interprets the code (old vs new).

Quote :
On my VDJ 6 setup with Mixlab - it took 2 bumps to go one 1BPM

That would depend entirely on the BPM of the track and the pitch range you've set.

Quote :
but the bumps go up about 5BPM

Again, that amount is dependent on track BPM and pitch range.

Anyway, you will need to experiment with adjusting the value in the lines of code on those buttons (see above).

There are four lines in total. One for each button - left deck up/down and right deck up/down. According to the VDJScript wiki, you can specify an exact BPM value if you want. Changing from <button action="pitch -3" deck="1"> to <button action="pitch -0.5 bpm" deck="1"> etc. would do what you're asking.

geposted Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 2:37 pm
groovindj wrote :
I've just had a quick look at this for you...

The original skin code was: <button action="pitch" value="-3" chan="1">
The updated code is: <button action="pitch -3" deck="1">

....so you can see that nothing has been changed, as far as the value goes.

However, there does appear to be a different effect on the pitch between the two versions (original skin and updated skin) when run on VDJ 8. Obviously this is not down to the skin or the code in the skin, but in the way VDJ 8 interprets the code (old vs new).

Quote :
On my VDJ 6 setup with Mixlab - it took 2 bumps to go one 1BPM

That would depend entirely on the BPM of the track and the pitch range you've set.

[quote]but the bumps go up about 5BPM

Again, that amount is dependent on track BPM and pitch range.

Anyway, you will need to experiment with adjusting the value in the lines of code on those buttons (see above).

There are four lines in total. One for each button - left deck up/down and right deck up/down. According to the VDJScript wiki, you can specify an exact BPM value if you want. Changing from <button action="pitch -3" deck="1"> to <button action="pitch -0.5 bpm" deck="1"> etc. would do what you're asking.[/quote]

Thank you for the reply . . . how can I change the value? I'm not seeing the option to do so inside the "Config" settings . . . and I'm honestly not sure how that button is labeled to begin with.

Much appreciated !

geposted Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 11:59 pm
You need to edit the skin XML file with a text editor.

geposted Mon 12 Nov 18 @ 12:29 am
I am trying to play a video - and now for the first time - on my extended video display - the name of the file along with a moving record image is displayed during playback.

How do I disable the file information and the record action image from the video playback?

I just want the RAW video image - nothing else displayed.

Thank you in advance for your help on this

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 10:09 am
Options, interface

Video skin: None

geposted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:33 pm
SablalaHome userMember since 2018
How to download mixlab skins

geposted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 4:59 pm
Buy a license.

geposted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 5:18 pm
Надо совесть тоже иметь! открой уже этот скин для бесплатных !

geposted Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 10:59 am
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Just found this skin!...LOVE IT!!...its awesome!!..It looks amazing..and...it gives me the ability to see the time remaining in LARGE numbers...also, I don't have to look at all the rhythm waves which are so distracting for me when im looking at my computer screen. I had to use a little custom button for broadcasting cause I could't find one...but it works...:)

geposted Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 11:39 am
DJ JOBIE ONE wrote :
Надо совесть тоже иметь! открой уже этот скин для бесплатных !

Возможно, скин не свободен, потому что у него есть совесть, и, скорее, он был доступен для людей, которые фактически заплатили за программное обеспечение.

geposted Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 1:20 pm
user19353655 wrote :
its awesome!!..It looks amazing

Well you have DJ Format to thank for that. He's the graphics wizz. There are many of his skins available here, but only for VDJ 7 and earlier.

He did return briefly a few months ago, showing what he was up to with VDJ 8 skins (which were new to him) - but he's gone again. See this thread.

Also this one.

Mix Lab is not really a suitable resolution for modern screens, and much of the skin functionality doesn't match with the capabilities of VDJ 8.

geposted Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 7:21 pm
I WANT TO DOWNLOAD VITURAL DJ

geposted Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 2:54 pm

geposted Sat 09 Jan 21 @ 4:21 pm
I want to mix lab used in virtual DJ

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 9:12 am
ELAD098Home userMember since 2011
MIX LAB VDJ 8 skin
it failed to download why?

geposted Sun 14 May 23 @ 4:42 pm
As stated several times in previous messages, and on the addon page itself, it's only available to licensed users.

geposted Sun 14 May 23 @ 5:37 pm
nuk15PRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Hi, the beat points on the waveform visual seem to start normal but then blur to a solid line every 4 beats with the new update, is it possible to resolve this? Thanks.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 5:29 pm
Seem to be a few people experiencing issues with older skins in the past few days.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 6:05 pm
It is what it is. I'm not likely to do any more work on this.

It was only updated to work with VDJ 8 back when VDJ 8 first came out, as it was once a popular skin - but now it's ancient history.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 23 @ 6:27 pm
93%