Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Clash of Controllers??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

AzmaelPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hello wonderful helpful people!

I have a curious problem:
I want to use my novation launchpad side by side with my regular controller, and with my mixtrack pro 3 that worked like a charm.
But today I got my new Denon MC7000 (wicked thing!), and all of a sudden the launchpad does not work properly. The colours of the pads that I programmed are different, and the sampler bank does not do anything anymore. If I start up VDJ with only the launchpad connected, it works fine. But as soon as I turn my MC7000 on, it sort of freaks out.
(I use a Windows 10 laptop)

Any helpful ideas would be much appreciated! :)

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 7:26 pm
i have had similar problems with 3 controllers and the problem controller was a launch control

the way i mostly solved the issues was to get vdj up and running with the other controllers before i connected the launch control ..
maybe this will work in your situation.

good luck

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 8:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Power issue? Just a punt of an idea.

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:16 pm
naaa mine wasn't power related was on a powered hub with plenty of juice

i even tried it with the devices on separate powered hubs

but his could be I can't speak for how his was connected.

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:22 pm
Thank you for the tip, unfortunately that did not do the trick.
But I found the reason why my samples did not work: The MC7000 has a sampler volume knob, which was at zero, *cough* xD

So I can use both controllers, but the colours of the pads on the launchpad are still messed up. It would be nice to get the correct ones since I use colour coding for a lot of stuff.

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you explain "colors are messed up" ?

and which Launchpad are you using ? MKI, S, MKII , Mini ?

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:31 pm
I don't see how this could be power related, the launchpad is powered over USB and the computer and Controller are of course fed properly..

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:31 pm
the colours are different ones.
I program a button to light up red, and it is blue instead.
sometimes buttons without function are lit white instead of just being off.

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:33 pm
I use the launchpad MKII

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:33 pm
From VirtualDJ Settings-->Controllers tab, select the Novation Launchpad from the left-top list and then select the "factory default" Mapping from the right side (if not already).
Then see if the colors on your Launchpad match when a different page is selected e.g. the 2nd one Deck Controls or page 3 Effects ...
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/novation/launchpadmk2/controls.html

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:40 pm
Thank you for the effort of looking into this, but I have already tried different mappings, the problem persists even in the factory default.
It is the same story: If I start virtual DJ with only the launchpad connected, everything is fine. As soon as I turn on the MC7000, the coloring of the buttons is completely different.
It is strangely fascinating, really...

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:47 pm
There could be a powering issue, especially for the Launchpad since its USB powered. Can you try a different USB port (if available), different USB cable and of course on a USB hub (if available) ?

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:55 pm
That's funny. My Launchpad S has been acting up the last few weeks also. I have to disconnect and re-connect for it to work. It's not a power issue, as it goes through it's power patterns as soon as it's plugged into the computer. It lights up the VDJ patterns, when I open the software. However, on a few occasions I press, and nothing happens, then I have to do the above fix.

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:56 pm
A different USB port did not help.
I will try a powered hub tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you!!

geposted Thu 04 May 17 @ 11:08 pm
Connecting the launchpad to a powered hub did not help either :(

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 1:35 pm
Have the colours worked properly since you updated to your current build? I only ask because the colours all changed on my Akai apc mini after the last update because they had changed something. Have you tried going back a couple of builds?

geposted Fri 05 May 17 @ 1:48 pm
How are your LEDs mapped on the launchpad? Are they asking for pad color, sample color, using a variable? The Denon could be altering some of those things in it's ONINT line.

geposted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:45 pm
Thank you for all your suggestions!
I tried them all out, but did not find the source of the issue.

After tinkering around with it a lot, however, I found a workaround. So in case anybody runs into the same problem, here is what you can do:
When you dim the color in the mapping for the novation launchpad, you can actually get the keys to light up in the desired color.
So instead of just programming
- color "red" -
in the mapping for the launchpad's LED functions, have the line say
- color 75% "red" -
and for whatever reason, the color will be correct.

Still a puzzling issue, anyhow...

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

geposted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 10:51 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)