Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Load a track with a loop point activated?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello. In Traktor you can set and store an activated loop point in a track. The next time you load that track the loop point is activated. Once the track arrives at the loop point it cycles the loop until released and does not need to be triggered as it's already active. This free's the DJ to focus on other tasks like mixing in another track, FX EQing, etc. Is it possible to set and activate a loop point in a track and store the state of that track so that when it's loaded the loop is already activated and ready to go? I'm not talking about the sampler or any of the "save_deck_set" "saved_loop" settings as it seems that these functions complicates things having to load sampled loops and trigger them or having to load the same two or four tracks depending with the "save_deck_set" function. I'd like for everything to be inline and in-deck so to speak and apply to the loading of a single track only. Is this possible in VDJ?

geposted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are a few ways to have this feature, but no automatic/magic one.

1) Instead of having the LOAD buttons of your controller assigned to just... load, , have them assigned as ... load & loop_load_prepare
This wont work if you load tracks with mouse.

2) have a button/key assigned as .. loop_load_prepare and each time you load a track to press this key/button.

3) (requires a preparation -but dont have to press any key when u load the track - so faster in a live gig) Save the loop as "action" POI instead of a "Saved Loop" with action : loop 4 (via the POI Editor), so that when the tracks reaches that point to trigger the 4 beats loop and wait for you to disable it.

4) (still a preparation one) is to use the Cue 1 (in most cases the Load point) as POI action and assign this with the loop_load_prepare action

PS. With ways 1, 2 and 4, you cant use loops before it reaches to your "saved" one. There can only be 1 enabled loop, so it will disable the saved loop and wont triggered automatically when reaches to that point.
With way 3), you can.

If none of the above is what you re looking for, feel free to add this request in the Wishes Forum It may be added in a future update

geposted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 1:46 am
@DJDad thanks so much for your thorough explanation and multiple options. Option 3 is brilliant and exactly what I need. What an incredible piece of software! Much appreciated!

geposted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 5:22 am
If you opted for solution nr 3 then you may want to use this script instead:

loop ? nothing : loop 4

There are some rare cases that the action POI may trigger itself more than once (since the deck is in a loop) and therefore disable the loop automatically (without you pressing a button)

The "improved" code above checks the state of the deck before doing any automation: If the deck is already in loop, it does nothing! If the deck is not in a loop then it starts a 4 beats loop.

geposted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 5:55 am
@PhantomDeejay Thanks, I'll update my code accordingly:-)

geposted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 2:10 pm
@PhantomDeejay the new code works beautifully. The only issue I had is that if I want the track to load a loop at the very beginning starting from the first beat it doesn't seem to work with this new code. With the older simplified code it works. If I use: Loop 16 action point on beat one and hit play it immediately activates the loop. With your new code it doesn't loop at all upon first playback but if the track is already playing and I do a CUP or hit CUE to go back to the beginning THEN the loop triggers.

geposted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 2:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)