Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ticking noise when controller is used for output?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm running a Denon Mc4000 currently, and when I set my Master and Headphone outputs to come out through the controller, I have a ticking noise. In the headphones, I can hear it as it goes from the left speaker, to the "back" of the headphones (Sounds like it's behind me), and then to the right speaker. It's fairly consistent, but occasionally it'll stop from time to time.

I can hear it going through the master speakers as well, but this goes away when I change my output to my Laptop speaker jack.

I was previously using a pioneer WeGo and had the same issue, but it's older and I thought it was the cause of the ticking noise, but with the new controller having the same issues, I don't believe that's the case anymore.

Surely there's a setting in VDJ I'm missing? I checked the metronome volume, but I have it turned to 0 so it shouldn't be the issue, I wouldn't think.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I would prefer to use the controller to output my audio so I can control my master volume right there.

Thanks!

geposted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 7:46 pm
the metronome only works in the BPM editor

i think a screenshot of the audio config might help

geposted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 10:46 pm
Gotcha, I wasn't sure but thought maybe it was a cause.

What exactly do I need to get a screenshot of? all the settings under Audio?

geposted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 7:23 pm
Are you on Mac or PC?

Is the ticking regular (like a clock) or is the timing random?

I'm thinking maybe it's glitches in your audio because your latency is set too low. If you're on PC and presumably running the manufacturers ASIO driver software, what's your latency set to?

geposted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 7:52 pm
It's a very consistent tick. I should have the most updated drivers, but I don't know how to check the latency.

I'm running a PC, Windows 10 on an MSI gaming laptop

geposted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 9:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If Windows have picked this sound-card as default playback device, Enhancements could be applied (if not disabled) and get this noise.
Try to select a different sound card as the default Windows playback device and see if that helps.

Another thing to check is if you have set the Mic input (default recording device) to go through the speakers and the Built-in Mic of your computer picking noises.

Check all the above in the "sound" window of Control panel

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 12:43 am
I checked the enhancements, and none are enabled. I will have to check again on the mic, but I don't believe that to be the issue. The ticking noise will occur even if I don't have music playing (e.g. Through the headphones)

Surely this is something I'm just overlooking?

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 8:01 pm
unplug laptop power supply and see if the noise goes away .. sometimes bad power supplies can cause noise.

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 8:05 pm
wickedmix wrote :
unplug laptop power supply and see if the noise goes away .. sometimes bad power supplies can cause noise.

Interesting. I'll try this later tonight. Would that affect the output from the controller and not the hdmi output though?

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 8:07 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010

geposted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 1:39 pm
pc specs?

geposted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 8:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)