Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Filter Folder for artist and collaborations

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

my objective is to set filter folders for a specific artist,even if it is a collaboration,the song should appear in the folder.
For example using Anthony B as an artist
if i use the filter folder : Artist is Anthony B (without " - syntax error),(with " - only results where the only artist is Anthony B are showed,no collabs)
if i use the filter folder : Artist contains Anthony B (without " - syntax error),(with " - collab results appear but artist with the name Anthony Batson etc also appear.
It seems the only way possible to do this is to have the filter folder
Artist is "Anthony B" or Artist is "Anthony B &" or Artist is "& Anthony B" or Artist is "Anthony B and" or Artist is "and Anthony B" or Artist is "Anthony B," or Artist is ",Anthony B"
Am i right?

geposted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 7:42 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If that are all cases a collaboration is displayed, yes.

A "clean" solution is not possible. The best approach is to use the 'contains' action and just filter the rest with your eyes :)

geposted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 8:47 am
Since this particular Artist doesn't appear with his full last name then yes, the filter has to be complex. However not THAT much complex as you typed:
artist is 'Anthony B' or artist contains ' Anthony B' or artist contains 'Anthony B '
Notice the white spaces on the two last criteria!

For an artist that appears with his full last name things are straight forward:
artist contains 'Ricky Martin'

geposted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 2:00 pm
you are a genius my friend! works perfectly!
and i am aware of the spaces in the criteria.
thank you again phantom!

just some advice to anyone who may want to use this.
instead of manually typing in the criteria everytime for an artist,just copy and paste the example phantom used above to notepad..and use the replace all feature...just replacing Anthony B with the artist(or name of filter folder) and then copy and paste this to the filter edit box...and repeat the process.when finished.save the notepad file so u can come back to use it if needed.
happy filtering!

geposted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 2:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)