Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 34.55
Maybe even shorter version:
get_text "`get_browsed_song comment``get_text ' text I want to add'`" & 
param_cast & browsed_song comment

saves setting a var.

geposted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 6:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
yeah thought of that, but wanted to include the idea "grabbed data" if you're wanting to do something like this with script then likely it will be dynamic strings.

Also it would be shorter than what you wrote :P
get_text "`get_browsed_song comment` text I want to add" & param_cast & browsed_song comment

geposted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 6:32 pm
Love it
thank you Locodog ... smiles

geposted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 6:37 pm
Hello Everyone, I am in need of help. I have been playing with variables, and scripts, and I can't figure this out. I need a script for VDJ (Most current version), and my RANE ONE. I would like to reprogram my "TAP" Button to do this.
FX_TAP
When Pressed > Crossfader Curve Fast & Crossfader Hamster, & Key Lock Off & Blink Active
When Pressed again > Crossfader Curve 50%, Crossfader Disable, & Key Lock On

This is what I have now. It works, but not as I want it.
key_lock & crossfader_disable & crossfader_curve "scratch" ? blink : on

geposted Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 7:01 pm
crossfader_disable ? crossfader_hamster on & key_lock off & crossfader_disable off : key_lock on & crossfader_disable on

something like that?

geposted Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 7:29 pm
locodog wrote :
crossfader_disable ? crossfader_hamster on & key_lock off & crossfader_disable off : key_lock on & crossfader_disable on

something like that?

I will try it out and see if it works. Thank you so much.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 5:32 pm
hello guys, how to write a script so that after the cue point every 500ms, the volume of the vocal decreases gradually every 500ms and stops at 10%

all i could think of was: stem 'vocal' 500ms 10%
but it doesn't work.

geposted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 9:45 pm
you need to call a repeat_start, that rs will be querying param_smaller `stem vocal` 10% ? if 10% is smaller reduce the stem some : if 10% isn't smaller then we got to where we need to be and we can repeat_stop

Should be enough there for you to go on. I've told you pretty much everything without giving you the full script, repeat_start scripts I've covered.

geposted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 10:01 pm
Oh, LOKODOG, it's hard for me. This is what I was able to write after reading your answer: repeat_start? param_smaller `stem vocal` 10% ? 500ms : Repeat_stop
But this, of course, is nonsense.
if possible, then write me a full script, if there is no time, then I will not be offended.

goal : when the track is playing and gets to the cue point, then the stem vocal for 4 seconds is slowly removed to 10%

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 12:25 pm
It's hard for everybody until they practice, you almost had it, go to the first post of this thread, there you will find an index for topics I've covered.
Read the post called "repeat_start, repeat_stop" it is linked.

I didn't write all these pages for myself, I wrote them for people to learn, and I've become bored of repeating myself.

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 12:46 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi at all; is there a script in Vdj verbs list to lock all deck functions about deck 1 and deck 3 (or deck 2 and 4 in rightdeck)…..like “dual deck function” in Pioneer controller….thanks!

geposted Sun 26 Mar 23 @ 11:33 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
First off apologies if I have asked this question before.
I know for custom buttons if you use `<script>` in the button name, it can be dynamic to represent a value, but can this be done in the skin for normal buttons.
I am trying to modify my skin to add a button that will cycle through the stem types, in my custom button i can use a button name of `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation'` to display what the current stem setting is but wondered if actual skin buttons can do the same. I've looked at the 'button' page of the wiki & can't see anything to indicate it can but thought I would ask.

I know I could create a custom button wherever i want on my skin but didn't want to litter my skin with custom buttons & keep track of how many I had, so I am just curious if there is a neater solution.

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:08 pm
HI
Please ignore my previous post, as I was typing it out an idea started to form & when I went back to the WiKi to double check my post was correct I noticed the action="" tag as a child of "text", which does what I want it to do so thanks anyway.

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:12 pm
I wish there was a word for that, "when composing a message to ask for help an idea strikes", because it is a thing

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:24 pm
Yes it happens to me a lot & sometimes I even get to the answer before pressing 'Save' on the message which is great & saves some time for everyone.

Follow up question if that is ok, is there a way to mix static text & a query in the button text
My button currently has the following text child
<text fontsize="10" weight="bold" align="center" action="setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation'"/>

But it would be great if I could precede the setting value with what the setting is e.g. "STEMS Always" rather than just "Always".

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:32 pm
get_text &quot;MY TEXT&quot;

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:39 pm
I have a button/menu on my skin that show "short" names of the current realtime stems setting

setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'OFF' : get_text `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation' & param_cast text 7 & param_uppercase`

My Menu: attention you must give a class

<menu class="[YOUREBUTTONCLASS]" fontsize="11" x="+6" y="+5" width="66" height="25" textaction="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'OFF' : get_text `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation' & param_cast text 7 & param_uppercase`" query="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always' ? on : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand' ? on : off" visibility="var_equal '@$eventstem_23' 1">
<item text="Always" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always'"/>
<item text="On-Demand" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand'"/>
<item text="Prepared" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared'"/>
<item text="Reduced Quality" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality'"/>
<separator/>
<item text="Fully Disabled" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'"/>
</menu>

For your long name use for example:

setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always' ? get_text 'STEMS Always' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand' ? get_text 'STEMS On-Demand' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared' ? get_text 'STEMS Prepared' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality' ? get_text 'STEMS Reduced Quality' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'STEMS Disabled' : nothing

other example:

param_add &quot;`setting stemsRealtimeSeparation`&quot; &quot;get_text 'STEMS '&quot;

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 5:03 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :

param_add "`setting stemsRealtimeSeparation`" "get_text 'STEMS '"

That little script was perfect for my needs, thanks.

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 5:43 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
I have a button/menu on my skin that show "short" names of the current realtime stems setting

I forgot to say thank you for the details response, the other code snippets you included have given me more insight into vdj script & have already used your 'short name' code for a custom 'sort' button i have.

geposted Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 10:54 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi at all.. i would map 2 deck buttons in my controller that set fx “pre” or “post” fader:
- button 1: setting “fxprocessing” “prefader”
- button 2: settinga “fxprocessing” “postfader”
but this change fx about all 4 decks…is there a script that change this only in deck focused? thanks!!

geposted Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 2:54 pm
74%