Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ8 Instal destroyed all my tags

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HELP!! I have just installed VDJ8. Weeks of work tagging hundreds of tracks has been flushed away. Does anyone know how I can get my tags back. I have backups of the VDJ files from the previous version prior to installing the latest version.

geposted Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 2:41 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Be sure there is no old VDJ instance running in background taking exclusive use of the database, sometimes the database seems to have lost everything simply not being accessible.
If your tags were / were not writted into tracks, it looks like you created a new database with new install : you may try to exit from VDJ and restore your saved database.xml
If tags are written in your tracks and previous didn't work, you may simply batch reload tags ... with some missing stuffs
Some usable security "<VDJFOLDER>/backup/2019-MM-DD hh-mm Database Backup.zip" backup database might exist in your backup from the previous version

if files are on another partition but the one VDJ stay it must not append unless database is unreadable/not accessible

maybe someone can have more ideas

geposted Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 3:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)