Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DJ 808 lock up

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok Guys & Girls I updated to the new 2020 and had right side of my controller stop working, shut down and restart same thing so I just went back to the last version that was working 4918 still happing. I have noticed some of the new things that were in the new version are still in the layout of my skin. like ( line in record, add playlist short cuts to right side cue panel, Automatic key match to name a few) I have tried changing USB cord, no change. Please Please Please some one help. my last wedding I had to DJ 90% of the Reception with my iPad. NOT FUN.

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:24 am
Are Drivers up to date?

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:33 am
I think so

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:34 am
how do I check it

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:35 am
Roland support DJ-808 Updates & Drivers. Google it.

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:36 am
Did you select it on controller Tap in setup in Virtual DJ?

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:38 am
yes i have been using it for over a year

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:41 am
all this started after the 2020 up date and stayed after going back

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:42 am
Check your settings and if that don't work put in a support ticket. Just Trying to help.

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:44 am
I did thanks for the input just hoping someone could help here

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:46 am
Did you update your computer?

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:51 am
no

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:55 am
I am still on the same mac running Yosemite

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 2:59 am
Someone else is having a similar Prob.
Regarding SYNC, keep in mind that a Deck will match its BPM to the MASTER deck. The MASTER Deck is by default automatically assigned by VirtualDJ to whatever Deck is currently playing out live (on-air) but can also be set manually. So there is a chance when you press SYNC and expect the Deck to get the same BPM as the other Deck, to get the value from another Deck that was set as MASTER at that time.
If you use the 4 Decks default skin, pay attention to the MASTER (gray/orange) text indicators to see which Deck is set as MASTER at that time.

As for your audio issue, one thing i would also try would be to set the computer's built-in sound card as default for the OS instead of the Roland DJ-808.
When a USB sound card is connected to a computer, Windows will select that as the default sound card, and this may cause some hickups at some point (some ASIO drivers require exclusive use of their WASAPI to work properly). So with the DJ-808 connected, open windows Sound panel, see if the DJ-808 is selected as default playback/recording device and change so that its using the Built in instead.

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 3:07 am
Im on a mac

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 3:11 am
Mac Driver Updates
Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen.
Select "Software Update..."
Any updates available will be listed and able to be downloaded or you will be told your software is up to date.
Googled This for you .

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 3:20 am
I'd suggest starting over with a new settings.xml file.

Rename or delete the existing one, then start up VDJ and it'll create a new one.

geposted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 5:29 pm
so frustrated it is still doing it after "this is what my ticket told me to do"

Your sound card routing for the 808 is / was not correct:

Sound: d1:coreaudio-DJ-808:1/2 d2:3/4 d3:5/6 d4:7/8 mic:13/14 record:9/10 (last use: 2019-11-18) (all of the inputs are missing)

Most likely you never changed back to the proper mode from when you were using a different controller as we can see multiple controller connection on your account:

Controller: DDJSB3: (last use: 2019-11-15)
Controller: WEGO3: (last use: 2019-11-11)

You need to get into the habit of configuring for the proper mode of the controller that you are going to use so before every gig with the controller connected go to SETTINGS->AUDIO tab-> in the upper CARD section click on the box that has your controller name inside of it ( ). Virtual DJ will then automatically configure the sound card of the unit to the default routing. Click apply then exit the window and retest. If there is no box labeled with the controller name inside of it then the unit is not connected or the specific drivers have not been installed.

Complete information for setting up and using the 808 with VDJ is found here: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj808.html

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 3:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)