Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Create skin and mapping for 10" touch screen

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello everyone.
I have an idea to change my setup. I want use a minimalistic approach to use VDJ.
I have built a Windows 10 NUC, it's so small so it will fit inside my DDJ-1000 flightcase.
To this I want to connect a small 10 inch touch screen.
My approach is to have several 'pages' available, where 'home' screen displays the most important stuff like beatgrid and waves, among with time, bpm, key and some else.
Changing to page 2 will display the library and perhaps, if it's possible, a touchscreen keyboard. But that is not the most important thing.
Hope you get my idea. Is there any skin available already to do such stuff?
It would be a very neat and compact setup, without a visible laptop. It will really look like an embedded version of VDJ.
Any advice is appreciated.

geposted Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 1:10 pm
There are screens designed by Atomix for controllers such as the Reloop Touch, that you could use as a reference or starting point. There are also some uploaded by users who are using small screens attached to their controller/case. Or of course, make your own using djdad's Skin Builder...

geposted Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 2:35 pm
Hi Groovin and thanks for your suggestions. Yes, you are right, there are some stuff to start from. Unfortunately I am not a coder nor programmer...
I just got the thing visually stored in my head, and what I try to achieve is just to have VDJ in a 'stand alone' unit.
It will really be like VDJ is built into my DDJ-1000.
Just imagine to have a similair screen like Pioneer on this 10" screen in the centre of the controller.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 8:19 am
Mobile Zombie wrote :
I am not a coder nor programmer...

You don't need to be. The Skin Builder skin by djdad is very easy to use - drag & drop.

Even starting with an existing skin and modifying it is simpler than programming.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 8:25 am
OK I hear you. Will of course give it a try. Might be good to know anyway in the future.
If anyone would be interested in this idea, who already know the skin building details, let me know, maybe possible to cooperate.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 8:29 am
It seems Reloop touch skin is not possible to use as a default skin. I have not been successful finding a skin that works nicely with a 10” screen.
Basically if it would be possible just to increase the size of the text on a standard skin it would work. Any advice is appreciated

geposted Sat 08 Feb 20 @ 10:13 pm
sending you a message with a skin to try :-)

geposted Sat 08 Feb 20 @ 10:18 pm
Thanks wicked it is perfect really
Now I have a very compact setup without the need for a laptop.
The NUC is inside the flightcase.
This is a brilliant way to use VDJ ’stand-alone’

geposted Sat 08 Feb 20 @ 11:47 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
It seems Reloop touch skin is not possible to use as a default skin. I have not been successful finding a skin that works nicely with a 10” screen.
Basically if it would be possible just to increase the size of the text on a standard skin it would work. Any advice is appreciated

I have the Reloop Touch Skin , integrated in my own Skin as second Window to open in a second Monitor .
But the you mast use it with the Skin , its only a Window to popup on a second screen.

geposted Mon 10 Feb 20 @ 3:31 pm
XaardjHome userMember since 2021
Hello also i need a skin for work in 10 touch screen . At moment i set with project X strecheable waveforms skins. But decks are litlle and majority of items in decks i did not use them....

Can anyone send me a skin ? Thanks

geposted Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:43 pm
I use a 10" screen and everything looks fine.

geposted Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 4:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)