Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How To Play Audio From Laptop Speakers?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

FluReadHome userMember since 2020
I just installed Virtual DJ 8 (2020) and hooked it up to the turntable. I've loaded a song to the deck but when I hit play, no sound comes out. How do I properly configure so that the sound will come out of my laptop speakers?

Alternatively, if I plug in headphones, how do I get it to come out of there?

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 5:40 pm
If you're not using an external audio interface or a controller with onboard audio, then VDJ should default to your inbuilt sound.

How have you connected your "turntable" to the computer? What is the make and model of the "turntable"?

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 6:08 pm
I have the Numark Mixtrack 3, I plugged it into my macbook air via a QGeeM USB C Hub.

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 6:52 pm
OK, that's not a turntable. It's a controller.

Are you sure it's the Mixtrack 3 and not the Mixtrack Pro 3?

If it's the Pro 3 then the audio will default to that, so you need to plug your speakers and headphones into it.

If it's the Mixtrack without the audio i/f then there's no reason for the audio to come out anywhere other than the laptop.

Please post a pic of your VDJ audio config.

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 7:11 pm
It's the mixtrack 3, not the pro. I don't know how to post photos on here but this is what my audio config is set to:

Output: Speaker Only --> Master --> Macbook Air Speakers --> chan. 1&2
Hardware: Computer Audio

I have also tried choosing master --> external headphones but it still won't work. The audio works fine when the controller isn't plugged in, but as soon as I plug it in and it boots up, the music is no longer audible anywhere

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 7:29 pm
OK I just took a look at the hub you mentioned and (although I can't be certain it's the same model) I reckon it could be acting as an external audio interface as the one I saw has got a HDMI port.

You should be able to see if VDJ switches from the internal speakers to the HDMI audio if you just plug in the hub (no Mixtrack).

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 7:57 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 8:04 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)