Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multi Monitor Support (5 to be exact)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all, I have built a 5 monitor setup with 3 of which are multi touch screens. The PC and video card specs are off the charts so lets not focus on those.

I want to simply break the pieces of VDJ into windows I can place on different screens. Obviously video is easy to drag onto another screen but what about having the wave form display on another screen or the beat counter? Is this all skinning? Any help is welcome, also not to knock VDJ but if this can be done in other software already I am all ears, thanks all!

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 5:55 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes this is all skinning. No problem to add this to a skin.
just create a specific window with elements you want the same way "browser in a window" example do
(currently VDJ can't remember window size and position correctly with more than 10 extra windows)

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Browser%20in%20Window.html

extract of one of custom skin: extra window (part) showing video crossfader or the video preview Left Master Right or bar equalizer depending on settings
<window name="crossfaders" color="vb_bgcolor" width="294" height="640" shown="yes">
<panel x="10" y="56*9+100" visibility="not video_crossfader_link">
<panel x="+54+5+54+5-95-27-27" y="+0-19-30" class="bigcrossfader" action="video_crossfader" text="Vid"/>
</panel>
<panel x="+0" y="56*9+100-30" visibility="video_crossfader_link ? true : video_crossfader_auto">
<video x="+2" y="+5" width="96" height="54" source="deck" deck="leftvideo"/>
<video x="+294-96/2" y="+5" width="96" height="54" source="master"/>
<video x="+294-96-2" y="+5" width="96" height="54" source="deck" deck="rightvideo"/>
</panel>
<panel visibility="video_crossfader_link ? has_video_mix ? false : true ">
<equalizer type="bar" nb="10" color="#3922e3" deck="master" width="0.6" slow="true" bass="left" mirror="false" visibility="50%">
<pos x="+0" y="56*9+100-30 +4"/>
<size width="294" height="60" />
</equalizer>
</panel>
</window>

an other possibility is to create a plugin with a skin gui showing exactly what you need
no need to modify all skins here, working in all existing ones
(VDJ wont remember window size and position and visibility between skin reload in this case)

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 6:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)