Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4 Channel DVS Mixer vs. 4 Channel Controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So every mixer I've ever bought for vdj has been DVS enabled but now as I prepare to buy a 4channel mixer, set on the Denon dn-x1600, to handle 4 DVS channels with 2 Denon dn-sc3900s. Might buy 2 more 3900s, still pondering on that tho. But I've been looking at 4 channel controllers so I can have 4 decks for 4 channels. Now I am thinking of just using my vci-400 which I think I understand I'll still need a soundcard, I just think I want bigger jog wheels plus Vestax not being in business I'm thinking there will be a time where it won't be supported in further updates of windows or DVS software. What I've noticed is 90% of controllers do not have DVS mode or channel inputs; My question, is it possible to have my 3900s on timecode to decks 1 and 2 and the controller decks on decks 3 and 4? I know a soundcard is needed to run the timecode inputs but do I have to have inputs on the controller also for the sound out of the soundcard? Can someone explain this type of setup?

geposted Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 8:39 pm
I made this video 9 years ago but should help you.

geposted Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 10:00 pm
I think I get it. The difference would mostly be using the controller's sound card for cue and master?

geposted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 4:59 am
Yes sir 🤙🏾

geposted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 11:26 am
What I hate about controllers is the buttons being on the bottom of the Jog Wheels, I'm more of a platter manipulator and dont really use the pads. Just a cue or freezeslicers and samples. So I really prefer the pads on top which leaves me with the lower quality controllers or should I say non-Pioneer controllers, Leaves out Denon also. Only choices for me are controllers like the Gemini G4V or Reloop Beatmix controllers. Really hate that s**t ...

geposted Sun 13 Dec 20 @ 3:46 am
Im starting to lean towards copping an NI Audio8 and Just use my VCI-400, problem solved for around $100 .... What you guys think?

geposted Sun 13 Dec 20 @ 7:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)