Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best setting for 'Pitch Chasing'

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all, hope you are well and keeping safe

I'm new to the forum and I'm using virtual Dj with a numark ns73

With so many different settings within virtual DJ, I thought id ask some of you experts about which setting I need to change...

I'm the type of DJ who prefers pitch chasing (pitch riding) with the slider therefore I'm looking for some advice on which settings to change so that the response from the controller pitch slider is really really instant (.... Or as responsive as possible)

I really don't want the software to take over in any way in regards to the bpm or pitch adjustments etc etc

I just want as close to a traditional deck experience as possible.

Which settings would you guys change?

Thanks alot for your help, really appreciate it

Joe

geposted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 9:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
cat:automation
would be a good place to start

geposted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 10:33 pm
Thank you :-)
ive had a look and made a few changes

ive read a few topics on here regarding Pitch Quality and setting it at either -2 / 0 /+ 2

im not sure which would result in a quicker response. what do you guys use?

geposted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 9:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The response is always instant, depending only on the latency/buffer size of the sound card. There may be a small difference with pitchQuality -1 if you don't want to use master tempo, but that should be pretty small.
Note that with a motorized platter, there might be additional delay for the motor to catch up on the speed as well.

geposted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 9:24 am
thanks for the response.
im using latency '64' which is the smallest on the controller driver (is it always a correct rule to have the smallest number possible for best response? obviously at the expense of processing power)

ill definitely try -1 pitch quality and see what happens.

im trying to get my head around the whole 'master tempo' thing and if i actually need it turned ON
Would this interfere with what im trying to achieve? quickest responses possible?

would it be advisable to have master tempo ON if im predominantly mixing House music...

thank you

geposted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 9:39 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)